Warwick planning to release "Cruiser" bass based on JE's Alembic Explorer!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The 0x, Mar 16, 2005.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD

Damn, this ain't gonna be cheap, i'm gonna have to save up for one of these! :bawl:

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
  3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    God damn... :eek: Why does that have to be so expensive?!?!? :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :crying: :scowl:
  4. flea-bass

Jan 30, 2004
    it seems to have all the same features of a normal warwick, if i was going to spend that much money i would save up for the alembic one
  5. I would be surprised if Warwick is really expecting to sell over $2500
    In any case, I don't think people would benchmaking Alembic with Warwick even if it is partialy made by Alembic.
  6. It looks like a bastard child of Godzilla and Gumby!! :eek:

Very Ugly.
  7. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    warwick trying to get back into videoclips? :D
  8. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    And with a screenname like "The Ox" you pretty much have to buy it! ;)
  9. It's a Gibson Explorer shape, you cant bust on it all that much. It actually looks pretty nice and a lot of people like Warwick, so I'm sure they'll sell the limited number they produce. Hell, I even ike Warwick when they get the bass right. Sometimes they use some aweful peices of wood, electronics are noisy, finish work sucks, but when they make a nice bass, I'm like in dream land. I would give one a shot if I had a huge budget.
  10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    That headstock simply doesn't "belong" on that body shape. Just like the Spector REX model, which being a Spector I'm sure is a wonderfully crafted instrument, the 2+2 tuner arraingment throws it off visually, IMO. It didn't work on Nikki Sixx's basses in the late 80's, and it doesn't now.

Plus, at that price not only does the consumer deserve better electronics than MECs, they should get a decent amount of "candy" to inhale off of Leah Randi's "backplate". ;)
  11. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    At least you get your free gigbag with it. Hell, if I paid that kind of money for a bass, it had better come in a full blown flight case!
  12. {gag}
    Alas, poor Warwick, I knew him well...when the things were still aesthetically pleasing.
    For the record, the body shape is a direct ripoff of Alembic's Exploiter body...the Gibson shape is less rounded at the ends with harder, squarer edges. The upper bout is exactly like the Exploiter I had, a design which, incidentally, balances wonderfully even when the bass is hanging down by your knees.
  13. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Arrrggghhhh! that headstock!!! nnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'd probably be able to get Chris Benavente to make me a better instrument, with a nicer headstock, for around the same price or probably less. :help:
  15. Blech

It's got that bluntly ugly Warwick headstock which is really out of place on that shape body, it's bad enough on a regular bluntly ugly Warwick. Neck looks thick enough for a telephone pole. Change the headstock, the electronics, and the neck, and it might be a good bass.
  16. Personally, I really dig it. I normally hate Explorer shapes, but this one does it for me. And NCorder, the Warwick gigbags in my experience are VERY well made and padded.
  17. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    cmon, just get an alembic spyder
  18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Why don't they have an 8 string version?
  19. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Sure, they're great gigbags, but I still bought a harsdhell for my measley Thumb bass. It wasn't $5,600.