1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Warwick PR40 Hellborg Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Stewart13, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Redmond, Oregon
    Price:
    8F7808B2-7812-433D-89F9-B643644A4F04. The time has come to sell my ever so elusive and discontinued Warwick Hellborg preamp. This preamp is totally killer. It has a really great, crystal-clear response that is pretty much unmatched. This preamp has lived in a rack pretty much it’s whole life so it’s extremely clean. All of the LEDs are functioning perfectly. Will come with the original box, warranty card, manual and packaging. I am asking $799 shipped CONUS PayPal ONLY. Specs below:

The Hellborg Preamp delivers extreme headroom. That means absolutely minimal noise and a capacity to deal with transients and peaks like no other bass amp before. It is designed with the quality and circuitry solutions found in the greatest recording consoles. In fact the transformer balanced DI out, although normally used to feed the signal to a PA system, is designed as direct to tape or disc recording output. There are both high and low impedance inputs provided through a combo- ¼" (high impedance)/XLR (low impedance) jack. The EQ section provides shelving EQ for high (15kHz) and low band (40Hz) and an inductive (coil based) EQ for the mids with stepped (fixed) frequency and continuously variable gain. Choices of frequencies are as follows: 110, 300 and 800Hz for low mids, 1.5, 3 and 5 kHz for high mids. All transformers and coils are optimally shielded in MU-metal housing. Whether passive or active the Hellborg Preamp will make your bass sound better.

• Input: Neutrik "combo" jack (1/4" and XLR)
    • Clip Indicator: Green (correct operation level); Red (clipping)
    • Input Gain: 66 dB
    • Input Impedance: 50k Ohm; XLR 600 Ohm
    • EQ Bass: 60 Hz, /-18dB
    • EQ Lo-Mid: 110 Hz, 300 Hz or 800 Hz (selectable), /- 15dB
    • EQ Hi-Mid: 1-5 kHz, 3kHz or 5 kHz (selectable), /- 15 dB
    • EQ Treble: 10 kHz, /- 18 dB
    • DI Output: XLR transformer balanced (0 dB, 600 Ohms)
    • Tuner Output: 0dB
    • Line Output: 2x 6dB

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019 at 10:44 AM
  2. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz "My arms are too short to box w/ God." J.R. Cash Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Killer preamp! Still ranks in my top 3. I have no intention of selling mine though. ;)

Stewart13 likes this.
  3. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Redmond, Oregon
    :cool: