1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick preamp settings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jacob Bartfield, Jan 18, 2004.

1. I've had a Warwick fortress One for a while, and I've come to realize that there's basically only one setting that I like. If I cut the bass and the treble controls completely, and out the pickup pan knob right in the center, I get a really unique punchy tone that I haven't been able to reproduce in my F Bass. I recently tried a 1991 Streamer and a 1988 Streamer. Both of the basses had the same pickup configuration and preamp as my bass. I found the same thing to be true with both the Streamers. When I cut the preamp and centered the pickup pan, I was able to get very close to the sound of my bass.

does anyone else know what I'm talking about? If anyone own a Warwick, and hasn't tried using this setting, I recomend trying it.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Havent done that for a time now, but will try after i stop TBing; nowadays im high on cr... er growl! Pan more bridge than neck (90-10), treble boost and a bit of bass boost, dig in at the bridge-pu or slap, and i get a Thumb-like sound out of my Corvette... yumm... or the other favourite is plain old passive, also a very nice sound

3. On most basses, it seems like panning toward the bridge gives a tighter punchier sound, but the bridge pickup on my Warwick, and the other Warwicks I've tried is incredibly weak and thin sounding. That's why I just leave it in the middle. If you want, let me know what you think after you tried it.