Warwick preamp settings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jacob Bartfield, Jan 18, 2004.

1. I've had a Warwick fortress One for a while, and I've come to realize that there's basically only one setting that I like. If I cut the bass and the treble controls completely, and out the pickup pan knob right in the center, I get a really unique punchy tone that I haven't been able to reproduce in my F Bass. I recently tried a 1991 Streamer and a 1988 Streamer. Both of the basses had the same pickup configuration and preamp as my bass. I found the same thing to be true with both the Streamers. When I cut the preamp and centered the pickup pan, I was able to get very close to the sound of my bass.

does anyone else know what I'm talking about? If anyone own a Warwick, and hasn't tried using this setting, I recomend trying it.
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Havent done that for a time now, but will try after i stop TBing; nowadays im high on cr... er growl! Pan more bridge than neck (90-10), treble boost and a bit of bass boost, dig in at the bridge-pu or slap, and i get a Thumb-like sound out of my Corvette... yumm... or the other favourite is plain old passive, also a very nice sound
  3. On most basses, it seems like panning toward the bridge gives a tighter punchier sound, but the bridge pickup on my Warwick, and the other Warwicks I've tried is incredibly weak and thin sounding. That's why I just leave it in the middle. If you want, let me know what you think after you tried it.