Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Pro Fet 5.1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Anarchyok, Oct 10, 2005.

1. I've just seen this model in a shop in australia, and tried it out and loved it. Anyone got any experience with this amp? I've currently got an SWR Workingmans 4004 which is good but lacks a little bottom end for my liking. I'm hoping to sell the SWR and get the warwick, but feels funny buying an amp that actually retails over here for about $600 cheaper than my current!! hmmm

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I am signed with Warwick and Eden. I prefer Eden BUT Warwick makes kick ass amps IMO. Do not worry a bit about buying it. I would definitely take it over an SWR. The Extreme line is even better.

3. I have heard a few sound clips of Warwick amps from basstasters, it sounded to me like it was missing real 'bottom' but maybe I am addicted to that real low bottom end? Can you EQ a warwick amp to get that sorta sound, sorry if I am not making sense but i am very tired and about to shower then sleep. What do you think a solid state Wick amp through just my TE 1518T would be like? I like the kinda tone that has heaps of bottom and heaps of higher mids.

I'll make more sense in the morning, I promise :p

4. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

They are not lacking in bottom end at all.

5. Cool, it just must've been the EQ settings when they recorded that clip, when i listed to the warwick right after the V-type pre it just didn't have that phat bottom end, but that has put the warwick back into the race to me my amp :p thanks Big Mike.

Edit: I just realized i was comparing a SS amp to a Tube, thats probly the difference, I love tooobs, but the warwick tube amps are too expensive for me, the search continues.

6. Mmmmm - the Warwick gear is yummy :D

I have a Blue Cab 20, a Sweet 15 and I'm thinking of replacing my Ashdown head with either a ProFET 3.1, or 5.1

:bassist:

7. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

I am telling you, if you like the Warwick amp tone.. GET THE EXTREME!!! It kills!

8. thanks guys, its gonna be in with the Warwick and out with the SWR...I've always found the workingmans series to be very bulky as well, for such a thinish tone. Im hoping to also get a Bluecab 30 or 20 for use at home or small rehearsals...

9. The Blue cabs are really sweet little practice combos - I love my Blue cab 20.

I've used it at rehearsal - but it needed to be miked. It's a brilliant practice combo, but it has it's limits.

That's why I bought the Sweet 15. It's awesome for rehearsals - plenty of headroom, great tone, and easy to transport. It'll be fine for small gigs too.

:bassist:

10. Thanks ;)

I'll check out the Extreme!

:hyper:

11. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    yeah I wanna check out the Extreme too. 1000 watts, could be pretty cool. I think Il end up gettin a 1001rbII but mite as well try the warwick and see. Sucks how ther arent many reviews on warwick amps around. Anyone can give a short review of the extreme?

12. finally got the 5.1, really happy with it! Its just begging for a second cabinet tho, sounds like it wants to run with more headroom....
    but yeh...happy

13. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I had a warwick 10.1. It had plenty of booty and plenty of eq to screw up your sound if you like tweaking.

14. thanks buddy, can't wait till i have the matching cab. hope that new stingray is treating u well!!

15. gary ashall

gary ashall

Jul 27, 2010
    belfast
    i have a warwick pro fet 5.1 running a 8 ohm 2x10 neo pro and a 8 ohm 1x15 neo pro, at first i thought it lacked power but the thing is most amps seem to be at max volume when the master volume is only at about 12 0clock however the warwick pro fet 5.1 just keeps getting louder past that.....really really pleased with it, i play a 5 string and the cabs take everything i throw at them