Warwick Pro Fet III - Any owners?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Hey all,

I previously started a thread where I said I was looking at getting the Warwick Pro Fet III and a Nemesis cab. I'd just like to know if anyone owns this head, and what they think about it..

Thanks in advance.
  2. milo

Jul 22, 2004
    buy PROFET IV little more money but more power .
  3. Yea get the profet IV , I own one and it has been very reliable in most playing situations. Good head :)
  4. I would buy the Pro Fet IV, but it's out of my budget because I need money for the cab too, and I can get a good deal on the Pro Fet II atm. Any other opinions?
  5. milo

Jul 22, 2004
  6. Sorry I meant to say I can get a good deal on the Pro Fet III, and yes I have tried it and found it really good, but I'd jsut like to here some other peoples opinions on this amp.
  7. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    i got mine for £200 and they usually sell for over 300, i'm yet to have a cab but i lined it out in to my peavy combo and the eq is very versatile, Bass Guitar Magazine liked the sweet 15 alotand that has a simmilar eq but without mid selector which i found the best feature along with the low boost.
    Can't comment on the power side though allthough any 300w amp is bound to be loud

But the eq is great imo, only annoying thing is that i'm going to have to get speakon or xlr -jack cables although that's the case with several heads out there

P.s If its a made in Germany model like mine then the construction quality will be better than other heads in the price range
  8. I don't own one, but they have a profet IV head in the shop where I buy all my stuff, I am a good customer and have a decent experience playing bass so they let me try all the new gear I want in exchange for my impressions. I always try the basses (more than 20) in the profet head cause I know how it sounds and that way I can hear clearly what the bass really does.

Through a 4x10 and 1x15 warwick cabinets the sound is full, somewhat warm and growly, you will get also smooth highs but they can get a bit harsh with a tweeter/horn cab, that's with everything set flat. The default voice is quite clear/modern, but you can get a phat vintage tone tweaking the tone switches or graphic EQ.

I suppose the profet III would have similar sound characteristics, buy it lacks some handy features such as the footswitchable graphic EQ and the tone switches (three band boost/flat/cut + tone knob) some people don't like them and prefer the more traditional knob EQ style (profet III), but I have been using a protube IX head lately and love them.

The difference in power is not so noticeable but then, if you are against two guitar half stacks and loud drummer, every precious watt is worth the extra $$

The profet III It's a great head overall, good sound, solid construction, usable features and big bang for the buck (In Europe, I know in the states W products are far more expensive)

Hope it helps ;)
  9. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I own a pro fet III, very nice sounding head. The only thing i've found i like more so far is mesa, and GK (For a totally different sound). You get a real nice warm punchy/grolwly tone.

The only problem i have with it is volume, for 300 watts, it barely pushes. I'm looking to get a power amp, or just buy a mesa head ($$ ++).

Overall though, very nice head, i've just had to crank it right up (10) for loudish or outside gigs and it wasn't really enough volume still.