Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Pro Line 5 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zevo, Nov 27, 2004.

1. zevo

zevo

Nov 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I am about to purchase a Warwick Pro Line 5 strings Bass. The bass is about year old and in very good / like new conditions. They wanted $ 650 for the Bass.

What do you guys think about the price and the bass?

I've been searching for a good used Bass for a while and hopefully this will be the one.

Thanks,
    zevo

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'd go for it!

3. zevo

zevo

Nov 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    What do you think of the bass itself?
    I am a newbie and have been playing only for over a year now.
    Thanks,
    zevo

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    My friend has a Proline 4 in blue. They're great basses. His has the wenge neck, and the thing sounds and plays like a dream. Prolines can be found at about the same or less than a regular corvette, yet IMO are a major step up from a regular vette. Go for it, you won't regret it.

5. hyoshim

hyoshim Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'll say jump right in. I bought my used '98 Corvette (wenge neck) in good condition for $600 in 2003. When I wanted to upgrade electronics to go active (PUP/Preamp), the estimated cost was going to be like $300 (I did not go forward with the idea).

6. zevo

zevo

Nov 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I just checked out a new one at MF. They go for about $1,600. I think a used one for $ 650 is a steal.
    Don't you think so? Or Warwicks depreciate quite a lot?

7. zevo

zevo

Nov 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Any comments? Can anyone help?
    I am thinking of purchasing the bass tonigt.
    Thanks,
    zevo

8. If the neck (not just the fretboard) is wenge, that's a pretty good deal; if not, IMO it's just average.

9. zevo

zevo

Nov 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
  10. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    If it's in good shape, strikes your fancy and feels good why not? I love them, I played one a couple years back and have lusted for one since but never found another. Warwicks suit me perfectly so I'm biased, but I think they're outstanding basses that people dump on because they're popular and it's often fashionable to dump on popular gear. It sounds like a fairly reasonable deal, try to talk them down but I say go for it if they won't come down anymore.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They do depreciate a lot but thats not a bad price. I prefer the older models but that would be decent for a more recent model.

12. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I would much prefer the older ones with the wenge neck and fretboard, but that's not to say that one with an ovangkol neck will be bad (far from it). If the bass suits your needs/wants, then by all means buy it.

13. I road tested the Corvette Pro-Line 6. when i was in the market for a 6'er. Once again i tested the Pro-Line 4 when i was in the market for a slapper.

Out here they go from $2600-$4000 (stupid weak aussie dollar) or so..

hell yeah you better get that bass!!

14. zevo

zevo

Nov 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I'VE GOT IT!!! THE BASS IS AWESOME.
    THANKS FOR HOLDING MY HANDS THROUGH THE PURCHASE!
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!
    Zevo

15. hey! alrigth zevo..

now we require the mandatory pics, clips and the bass to be left to me in your will.. thanks!

:D