Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Pro M

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryanlkelso, Feb 3, 2006.

1. I am considering buying the warwick pro -m. I was just curious to know if anyone has played/owned them and what are its feats and flaws. I know I like the feel of warwicks cause i used to play a thumb bass exclusively. How do they sound compared to a musicman?? Thanks ya'll

2. streamer pro m that is...bump

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry, they don't sound anything like a MM. The pickup is actually two jazz pickups in a siamese twin configuration with some sort of humcancelling coil. Each pickup has its own preamp with treble / bass controls. Eats 9 volt batteries like a mother.

I had a '97 and sold it a few years back. I've since regretted it and replaced it with a Streamer LX 4 (P / J configuration). The Pro Ms are desirable in the second hand market. If you can find one in excellent condition, snag it!

Riis

4. Antman3820

Antman3820 Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Toms River, NJ
    I have a Streamer pro-M5 and Have had it for about 5 years. All wenge neck (Not Ovankol). Neck never moves and action is very easy to set at low settings. The twin jazz/preamp deal is really cool and very comfortable body shape too. I am considering selling it, because I just got my new Stambaugh. If you are interested let me know. Tony

5. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    +1

I bought on to back up my backup fortress MM
    but since the PRO-M is an arched top the space between the body and the strings was like 1/8 greater and I couldnt make the transition smoothly.
    I got mine for a steal brand new old stock form a pawn shop!
    but let it go that same year.
    lovely bass with awesome flame I think it was a 97