Warwick Pro Tube IV - 2 Channel Head...Cheap!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Pedalhead, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Warwick Pro Tube IV - 400W, 2 Channel Head...Only $375!

Up for grabs here is a relatively rare, 2 channel head (foot switchable) in "used but not abused" condition.

This amp sounds great and has plenty of power, and the 2 channel set-up provides way more versatility than your average head. You can use one channel for fingerstlye and one for slapping, or you can use channel one as an overdrive channel and channel two as clean. Each channel has it's own separate output volume control, so you can use one channel for your standard volume and the other as a boost. The bottom line is that this amp gives you plenty of options, and tons of tone.

Besides having 2 channels, this amp also has an EL84 power tube that can be added to the signal path of channel one (for even more tubey goodness), so, this feature essentially makes it a 3 channel amp.

For complete details on this head, visit the Warwick site: www.warwickbass.com/amps/amps04.htm

If you search the web, you will find that this amp is hard to find in the US (I believe it is now only sold in Europe), and carries an average street price of around 1000 Euros, which is approximately $1278 US.

I am letting this go cheap because, although it works very well and sounds great, it does show some wear, and there are a few things worth mentioning:

1. It is missing the washer on the input jack, however, the jack is circuit board mounted, so it is stable without the washer, and it works just fine. I tried to show this in the close-up photo, but, it is very difficult to see. I can assure you that this is a minor issue, and I have not had any problems with it what so ever.

2. The rack mounting holes are in an odd placement, which means that the amp needs 1-1/2 rack spaces for the holes to line up properly (perhaps racks in Europe are different). This is not that big of a deal at all, but, it's worth mentioning.

3. The previous owner made a few small setting marks around some of the knobs (these are visible in the pictures)

There is not a footswitch included, but, you can use pretty much any switch with a 1/4" plug.

This really is a good amp for the money, and the only reason I am selling it is because I am downsizing (to an Eden 550).

Paypal is preffered. Buyer pays actual UPS shipping from zip 12561 (the head weighs about 33 lbs., so it will probably weigh about 40 lbs packaged).

Feel free to PM or email with any questions.

- Mike
  2. bump for reduced price
  3. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    would you be interested in a combo trade?
  4. I'm not looking for any trades right now.