Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Pro Tube IV info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by [SD], Apr 6, 2004.

1. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    well, i've searched the forum for posts over info about this head a there seems to be none, since the post were really old, i wanna ask i've anyone ha tried this amp. I wanna buy it, but i've heard complains about the tube channel.

If you know any other head with similar caracteristics will be of great help.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What kind of complaints did you hear?`

I played a Pro Tube IX once and it sounded good IIRC.

3. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    well i've read that they channel 1: (the tube amped channel) had not enough sound definition i mean only 3 controls of eq..they said the overdrive was not clear and nice...too noisy or something like that...

4. pedroferreira

pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal

It´s a good sounding amp but it's not very versatile. The first channel's eq is very strange. You've got one contour and 3 switches: Low, Mid, High; Each switch has 3 positions: boost, flat, cut :confused:

5. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    well no one else has tried this amp?!?!?! i really need the info cuz i don't think i'll find a store where to try it! and it would really fit my needs