Warwick Pro Tube IV question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom Dorau, Jan 21, 2003.

1. I know that there aren't many Warwick Pro Tube owners out there but it seems to me that it is in fact a very interesting amp.
    Did anyone of you ever try one? Is it possible to mix the tube signal with the SS signal?
    I already looked for the answer on the Warwick internetpage but couln't find any conclusive answer.
    I also did a search here on talkbass... dito.

2. i was actually just thinking about trying to figure that out. if only the amp had two inputs...............................
  3. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm pretty sure it's a no. They have one at a bass shop near me which I play through, pretty nice sounding amp. The one problem with ALL Warwick amps is the damn headroom. I saw a guy using a Pro Tube IX last night through a Warwick 410. They were playing fairly loud, but the amp was up around 7 or 8. Mines always up around there as well to get any decent volume.
    But if you don't need blasting levels, very nice amp.
  4. Gomex

Jan 7, 2005
    I have a Pro fet 4 I love the tone, it's the warmest SS amp I've ever heared, I'm only running it a 8Ohms but it's still loud enough to keep up with a VERY loud drummer, that being said I am looking to get another cab, a 15 or 18 maybe. When I look at amps tone is the only thing that matters, after all power amps are soo cheap these days.
  5. was the guy using both halves of the power amp, the power section on that amp is 2x450......so if he was only using one, it wouldnt be any louder than the pro tube IV. i cant get mine up to 7 or 8 without it clipping (overloading) the power amp section. and on the note of combining the two preamps, there is a way. i believe it involves building another input though, one for each preamp, then use a y splitter.
  6. alright, so just wondering what settings everyone uses on their pro tube IV. mine barely gets loud enough to play a decent sized show. the loudest i can get mine is gain:4 tube output:6 ss output: 9.5 master: 10 with all the EQ flat, crunch at 0, and tone right in the middle. warwick made the power much too weak. you're not supposed to overload the power section, so this amp really isnt 400watts. you can only get 60-70 out of it, it should be rated at that. in my opinion, you should be able to turn up an amp at least halfway before it starts distorting
  7. Kentucky Ryan

Kentucky Ryan

Feb 12, 2012
    so i run 2 amps. the fact that a lot of people say this amp doesnt get loud enough worries me. as i use one amp for a clean tone and one amp for a dirty. i would think with 2 amps going his amp will be loud enough. anyone have any input?