1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Profet 3.2 / 5.1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by King Tut, Oct 22, 2006.

1. I'm toying with the idea of picking up one of the above heads. However, in some quarters, I've read that they don't seem as loud as their wattage suggests they should be - particularly into an 8 ohm cab.

One or two people have suggested that this is an issue with the clip led coming on prematurely, and cranking the gain a little solves the problem.

Does anyone have any advice on this - or more helpfully, any experience?

Cheers in anticipation.:help:

2. I recently bought a warwick profet 5.1 and i do run it into a single 8Ohm cab and use a passive bass. I usually have my gain set to about 6-8 and thats right before the clip light comes on, the deep switch sucks alot of power and you seem to clip earlier with deep on.

But even with only an 8ohm load I still think its plenty loud for me, especially considering how much I paid for it, AU$550 :D Thats like $100 more than a behringer head.

3. Cheers for that Pantsman (strange name?!) I'm sorted now with a Markbass SA450 which I'm sure is all I'll ever need!

Col