1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Profet 3.3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheRockinRoadie, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Hi there,

Im looking to buy a Warwick profet 3.3 as my main gigging up (upgrading from an Ashdown 1x12 180W combo).

Does anyone have any experience with this amp? is it worth the £185 tag?

Also, what cabinet should i use with it? I've noticed it only has one speaker out, but am i able to run two cabs off of it to make up the 4 ohms?

I was looking at buying Ashdown MAG cabs, good for the money!

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

lorry:hyper:

2. I forgot to add i play in a classic rock covers band (pubs & clubs & bike meet jobs)

3. Bump - im now looking at the matching warwick 4x10

4. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    Just remember that there's a 4 & 8 ohm verison of the Warwick 410 pro.
    I reccomend the 411 pro.It not only has a tweeter,but has nicer drivers than the 410.It also come in 4ohms as well as 8 ohms.
    Re.the single output on the amp.Using a speakon cable,connect the head to your first cab,then the first cab to the 2nd.The head is 4 ohms so you can run 2x8 ohms cabs,or the single 4 ohm cab.If you intend on running 2 cabs,it's probably best to get the Profet 5.2.
    Cheers mate.

5. The 411 pro is out of my price range, so im hoping for the 410 pro, and just using the single 4ohm cab, then if i need to upgrade the rig in a few years, ill sell it all off

6. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    I owned a Profet 5.1 & 411 pro (4 ohms) for a while & really liked it.On it's own it was a really nice set up,the preamp's great with good compression.Pretty loud with good headroom.
    Very good value for money.I think I paid under $1200AU for both.

7. I can get both on the internet for about £500, but i cant stretch to getting the 5.1 unless i flog some other things too (which i want to avoid :p)

Im glad you like the amp, i hope i do too!

Cheers, Lorry