1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Proline Steve Bailey Signature?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tjnkoo, Aug 26, 2012.

1. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

Apr 19, 2011
    Metro Atlanta
    I found this while browsing the Warwick site the other day. There's not a whole lot of info on it as far as neck shape, price, etc. Anyone know anything about it? And they look almost identical to the actual Steve Bailey signatures made in Germany, so what's the main difference? I'd definitely be interested in one of these (a 5 string fretless model) if I can figure out some more info about them. I've played Steve Bailey's actual bass before when I was at Berklee this past summer for a few weeks and didn't like the HUGE treetrunk neck on it (way to big for my tastes, although its probably just me since Steve Bailey clearly digs it, haha). If this ends up just being a Korean model with good woods, sound, and maybe a nice round and thin-ish C neck I think it might be a match made in heaven. Thanks all!

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=24295

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    But excellent craftsmanship and an enduring "jazz bass mood" that our beloved good'ole Steve kept in the shape of dual concentric control pots too!

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    A Korean made instrument at about 2200? Hmmmm...curious to see this beast!

4. There's no way I'd be able to afford an official Warwick Steve Bailey Signature bass. The Artist Series line is really the only way I might be able to own one.

5. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Field of man, MA
    This new "Artist Seres" has been a sticking point with me. I feel all the new "Series" and lines coming out are diluting the brand IMHO

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I like clicking back and forth between the six string and four string pictures. I'm easily entertained.