Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick proline

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 897, Jan 26, 2006.

1. 897

Jan 26, 2006
    i'm planning to buy a warwick proline but i cant try it, i'm left handed so i want some advice
    what do you think about it?

2. Personally I don't really like left handed people, although my own mother is one. I find them short tempered and sometimes they....

... oh you mean the bass! :p

3. Well, you really should try before you buy.....

Anyway, i think the Corvette prolines are great basses. Very well made, excellent woods, good pickups and electronics.

Top bass really, but i really think you need to try one, or at least a standard corvette (same bass, just with different body woods)

4. 897

Jan 26, 2006
    thanks i will look for at least a corvette standard to try
    also i have got an another question; is proline good for slapping?

5. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I've played one before and it sounds REALLY good. I wouldn't go by the Standard for sound comparison though, cause they're too different animals. They both sound great though. Good luck!:bassist:

6. Of all the Warwicks I've tried, I think the Proline was my favorite. However, there are lots of great options in that price range.

What style do you play? Can you give us an example of what tone you're after? What amp rig do you use?

7. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    I own a 2005 5-String Proline and think it's terrific. The neck feels wonderful, and the factory setup and strings are excellent. The active electronics are good, and allow for a great deal of tone shaping direct from the bass -- not nearly as much as my Pedulla 5-String Thunderbass, but more than my Fender American Deluxe P-Bass.

The Proline is also a beauty to look at -- the gold hardware really sets it apart from the standard Corvette. And it's pretty good for slap -- again, no match for the Pedulla, but that's what you get for another $1000.

Best of luck in your search for a Proline to try before you buy!

8. 897

Jan 26, 2006
    i usually play rock and metal but i also want something that is very good for slapping. i need a bass that can handle all kinds of styles.
    i think i can buy a mm sterling but i'm not sure.

9. LMAO!!!

+1 on the Sterling. Great for cutting through, and definately sounds bad ass in a rock band. I definately pick the MM over the Warwick anyday, and that's something I never would have said about 4 months ago... Then I actually played a Sterling:eek: :eek: :eek: and now I must have one!!!

-ryan-

10. 897

Jan 26, 2006
    i know it will sound perfect in a rock band but i'm not sure about metal do you have an idea? what will it be like when playing metal?

11. Okay, define your version of metal, i bet mine and yours are not the same at all.

-ryan-

12. 897

Jan 26, 2006
    well, i like lots of metal kinds
    i play metallica stuff, also things like inflames and sometimes pantera.i also try playing kreator slayer and just a little bit iron maiden.

13. So it seems that you're into a bit of 80's metal, and maybe some newer Euro metal too. Never having played a Sterling or 'Ray in a band setting makes it a hard call for me. And never seeing that many EBMMs in the majority of these bands tells me that it may not be the greatest idea.. But you never know, I know for a fact that out there somewhere a guy is making it work.

I would suggest you stay the course of a jazz bass (or P/J) for those types of metal, I think a jazz bass would more than benefit you in the long run with this type of music, giving a bit more of a tonal variety making it easy to adapt to two crazy overdriven guitarists.

-ryan-

14. 897

Jan 26, 2006
    im not really into jazzbass i think corvette will be a good idea and i have seen in flames bass player playing a corvette. before buying the corvette i will try jazzbass again just to see if i change my mind. thanks anyway