1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick Purpleheart Thumb! Again!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Skywalker22, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

Ok, I know this has been up before and I pulled the thread. I have a hard time letting go of certain basses, but this one gets almost zero attention from me now. I've been mainly playing my Fretless JO and the fretted as a backup.

Custom Shop Thumb bass.
    Mahogany/Purpleheart Body
    Ovangkol Neck/Wenge fingerboard
    32" scale
    Mec J pickups/Active elec (bass and treble boost/cut)
    Special pickup placement
    Warwick Strap Locks

This is not a factory assembled Warwick you buy at Musician's Friend. This is a Custom Shop Warwick that is the nicest warwick I have played. The neck is soooo fast and smooth. The fretwork is impeccable and the tone is crazy good. I ordered it back in July, received it late November. It is in the same, if not better condition than when I received it. It has been waxed every Sunday and after each time I've played as recommended in the Warwick User's Manual. Includes RockBag, Complete user's kit, Certificate of authenticity and extra can of wax. I paid $2700 back at the end of November.
    $1850 shipped.. or best offer

Fine.. willing to listen to trade offers. I'm looking for a US Lakland. Preferable a Jazz style.

The SKYLINE DJ WAS SOLD!

I also have a '78 Rickenbacker that needs some work. Thanks!
    Evan

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

here for more pics:
    http://warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=1601&modell=Thumb&page=0&cl=EN

It's not as purple as the pictures make it look. It's a darker purple.

2. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    GASing again, any chance of clips?...

3. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

Videos up.. the quality is almost as bad as the playing, but it may give you an idea
    - fingerfunk (cut short on the upload)

the volume on the amp is as low as it can go since this webcam gets a bad hum. If I had the amp up any louder then it would buzz to death (which it does a bit on Sir Duke. So the tone would be a bit more full. Just to reaffirm, that splat sound that happens is the webcam, not the bass.
    Also, I forgot to mention that the strings are over 6months old. So this bass is a bit more brilliant normally. I'll put brand new strings on for a sale.

4. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Bump for the Harmonics video.. NICE Job on that.. That last harmonic is a pain in the butt....

Oh nice Wick tooo..

5. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    That is some fine playing Sky !

6. Kevin Ellis

Kevin Ellis Supporting Member

Beautiful bass!!
    Love the videos - especially the Motown! Great playing man!!!
    What a great chance to own a really rare bass! Someone is gonna be very happy with this one!!!!

7. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Bump for a great TB'er.

Good luck with the sale. ;)

8. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the sample vids. This is too tempting. I'd be almost tempted to offer a trade for my Ric 4003 for it, or even sell that to obtain this but... might have to wait a bit longer.

9. Mendry37

Mendry37

Oct 19, 2004
    Albany, New York
    I like that harmonic vid there sky. More clips please.
    Chad

10. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

Maybe I'll add one of "big bottom" later... if only I could layer tracks.

11. Mendry37

Mendry37

Oct 19, 2004
    Albany, New York
    I'll play bass if needed.
    BigBottom.jpg

Sorry man. haha.
    Chad

12. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

Thanks for the pic from college, The Chad..
    Anyway, "or best offer" added to the deal. This bass is in fantastic condition and waxed every week or every other week (when I get lazy on weekends).

13. Skygoneblue

Skygoneblue

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Stunning bass man! If I had the cash, I'd be all over it.

Free bumps for you! :)

14. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

thank you Faith+1!
    The wick is definitely picking up interest

15. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Not that I want to stop you, but I think you're going to regret this.

16. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    So, does this balance better than the standard 34" scale thumb being that it is 32" scale? I feel that the normal reach on the standard thumb seems so far...how is this one?

17. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

OK, I'll give a better deal on this if it moves very quickly. If not, then I take it off of the block since I'm already eating a huge chunk of what this bass cost me. By the way, I did a side-by-side with a stock thumb today at my local shop and this blows it out of the water. The balance is way better, the sound is better, and it feels waaaay better. Jump on it quick or it's gone.

18. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

Hey all, after playing some of those old Claypool licks, I'm close to just keeping it. I got this because I figured it could catch the Claypool vibe, and also be a great solo instrument. It fits that, so I'm close to hanging on to it. No offers that I've wanted to do yet.
    Last chance!

19. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Keep it! But hit me up the next time you want to throw it on the market, I'll probably be in the market at that time. Just moved last week and not in the market just yet. I've always had an itching for a thumb 4 and a short scale would rock.

If you are looking for a trade, I have an incredibly gorgeous carbon fiber acoustic guitar that I could supply with some cash. That would be it.

20. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

I'm assuming the deal that was in place fell through. hopefully not, but it is still available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.