Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Quad VI or GBE 600 Help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dethrock, Nov 14, 2004.

1. I was all set to get a new GB 600 for about $ 1500 australian when i found out about a second hand warwick quad VI for the same price.

The Genz does 600 watts at 2 ohms, the Warwick will do 600 watts at 4 ohms. I m now leaning toward the Warwick as this way i can get away with one cab.....

any thoughts, i cant find much info on warwick

Ps. volume is a major consideration in my current band situation

thanks

2. i can't say anything about volume, but i loved playing through the quad VI at the store so much that i bought the quadruplet preamp for pre+power rig.

you might actually notice that the warwick is louder than the genz-benz, but i think you should make the decision on tone. and i think you'll find that the warwick cuts through extremely well, making its "volume" a lot less important, since being able to cut is how you hear yourself, unless you want to overpower everyone else.

robb.

3. I know what you mean about cutting, an efficcient eq section can really help you hear yourself.... but i am competing against one hell of a wall of guitar....

thanks for the feedback

what style mof music are you using the quad for btw

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have a Quad IV and the versatility of the preamp is awesome. Definately recommend it because if you need more power you can always use an external poweramp and the preamp of the Quad VI.

5. thats a good point but id rather keep things simple at this point....

all things being equal am i better off with 600 watts at 2 or 4 ohms?

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It depends on what cabinets you have, but generally 4 ohms would be better if "loudness" is your criteria and you only have one or two cabinets.