Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Quadruplet tube preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by geshel, Nov 18, 2003.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Warwick Quadruplet tube preamp.

- Quad-matrix: four different preamps in one, basically -- four different voices accessable at the flip of a switch

- powerful EQ: four-band, with "shift" switches for each midrange (lo-mid and hi-mid), plus "low-boost" and "high-boost" switches

- tube overdrive control: "crunch" knob turns up the tube gain and turns down the output gain at the same time (so the total volume stays the same)

- three preamp tubes and one power tube w/ internal dummy load (like the SWR IOD)

IMO the "crunch" knob is more of a "warmth" knob - up all the way the sound is definitely overdriven, but in the middle mostly it increases that gooey tubeyness.

Has an effects loop and pre/post DI output. It's a lot of preamp stuffed into a single rack space.

Purchased earlier this year from a fellow TB'er. The only problem I've had with it was ONCE when I first got it, it would turn itself off right after I turned it on. It did this for a couple minutes (just enough to make me panic), and has worked fine ever since. Don't know if it was cold or what.

Asking $500.

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    ba-rump

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    *whistles*

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Come on people, buy this preamp. It's truly a great one - very addictive to play, and a great preamp for rock and metal, although it's extremely flexible. Great fuzzy sound too.

there's sound clips at www.basstasters.com

i guess Gesh is an ok guy too... :D

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Thanks Van. Yeah, I'd keep it if I didn't already have an F-2B and SF-2 to keep me happy. :)

6. igroove4god

igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    You have PM. Thanks.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Still available.

8. hanales

hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
    tried to PM you, your mailbox is full.

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Oops - try again. :)

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Still available.

11. interested in trade? i have an ampeg SVP-BSP + cash. i was about to send it to basstasters for "characterization". what would you want?

robb.

12. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    No trades thanks, I've decided to stick with my current preamp setup (Alembic / SansAmp).

13. grungtertl

grungtertl

Aug 2, 2004
    I want the quadruplet

14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Still available, still asking $500. May entertain best offer below that.