Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WARWICK QUESTION

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassJ725, Jul 10, 2004.

1. bassJ725

bassJ725

Jul 7, 2004
    Does anyone have a Warwick Buzzard or a Warwick Vampyre? I was thinking about getting one of them i like both but i like the Buzzard better because of its cool body. Any one have one of these if so or if u have tryed one out post how they sound and how strong they are. Thanks.

2. marcbass

marcbass Guest

Apr 19, 2004
    I have a Warwick Vampyre LTD 4 string bass in a beautiful Honey Violin Hi Polish finish.

It's great in all ways. very flexibel in sound and very easy to play. And it is a great balance bass. Yeah great in all ways like I said. + it looks real cool..

I'm thinking about buying me a Warwick Buzzard LTD 4 str aswell but I'm not sure about the finish. Thinking about ordering it in Silverflake.. :bassist:

3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I've had a couple Buzzards (bolt-on) and they just plain rock - only reason I sold the one in my sig recently is because I moved to a 5-string fretless from the 4. The Buzzard design has been around for decades and is pretty dang cool - the Vampyre isn't quite a classic, but I'll admit I think it's pretty cool. I vote Buzzard for the zebrawood body, especially in Natural. The sound is heavy-duty, but I'll admit I liked my fretless Buzzard way more than the fretted one.

Oh yeah, and the big Buzzard wing means actual good balance on a strap!

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    One thing you might want to consider; your tastes may eventually change and it might be harder to re-sell those basses because their body shapes are so "unique".. especially the Buzzard.

5. marcbass

marcbass Guest

Apr 19, 2004
    The Warwick Vampyre and Warwick Buzzard basses are KEEPERS!!

No selling a bass like that dude.. :bassist: :hyper: :smug:

6. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    The Buzzard is a very expensive axe, but the Vampyres are more affordably priced.

In both instances, these two basses are pile-drivingly heavy in terms of weight........

7. ThebassNoob

ThebassNoob

Sep 15, 2004
    Nebraska