Warwick question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Optimus Prime, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Is $1400 a good price for a Warwick Thumb bolt-on 4?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Art-Nr.: BAS00041
    WARWICK Thumb Bolt On 4 Natural Oil, aktiv 2-EQ, aktiv PU
    retail-price: 1.534,00 Euro
    our price: 1.216,00 Euro

3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    New or used? Thumb B.O.'s are going on ebay for $900-1200.
  4. It depends. According to the Swedish distributor Flaa Music the list price fo a new BO Thumb 4 is 16 195 SKr.
    So, if the one you're talking about is new, it's quite a good deal. Not so if it's used. I've seen BO Thumbs being sold for less than 10 000, and I wouldn't pay more myself. And, BTW, I would actually prefer to buy one used, and preferably a pre 1995 one. Back then they were still made in the western part of Germany and not mass produced further east.

Anyways, lycka till!
  5. In New Zealand its a great price!!!!!!:D

Mind you, the main Warwick dealer in Auckland is selling a new Thumb BO Fretless for $NZ5000, which is rather expensive IMO.:rolleyes:
  6. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    In the US, for a used one, in great shape, that would be on the high side for sure. I paid $1260
    for my 6 wide neck "used as new".
  7. cybrpunk

May 22, 2001
    USA, Rolla, MO
    last summer I bought a Warwick thumb 5 bolt on brand new for $1250
  8. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    i bought last January my Thumb bolt on 6 with a wide neck (20 mm string spacing) for 1500

www.mattsmusic.com that is the shop
  9. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    I used to be Warwick dealer , my buying price from Warwick with tax etc. approx US 700,- for 4 strings , I can sell out my stock for US 900 ,- for a 4 strings and US 1100 for 5 strings, buyers pay shipping. Dolphin 4 neck thru US 1650,-
    Any body interested just let me know, still have some other model in Sidney, too.
  10. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
  11. ehm..think they are at cheapest in germany..

that's where my F.N.A. Jazzman comes from :)

if you live in Europe :
    www.musik-produktiv.de ...
  12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  13. Well, if you check out Optimus Prime's location, it clearly says "Sweden". Sweden is a European country. ;) And since the city Helsingborg is in the south of Sweden, ordering from Germany is a good idea. It's also quite easy to get to Germany from Helsingborg, since it's a port town, so why not make a bass buying trip Optimus?
    Calling shops in the US of A or buying off American E-Bay might not be such a good idea, though. The prices might be lower at the other side of the pond, but then there's taxes, shipping et c to increase the price dramatically.
  14. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll 2nd that! I bought mine from The Beave. They were very profesional, a pleasure to deal with, and gave me a REAL good deal. What more could you ask? It may even be cost effective to have them ship overseas. Like I said $1260, mint, 6-string, wide neck, symore basslines. Very, Very resonable. Give em' a shout.