1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spego, Apr 20, 2010.

1. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
  2. Well based purely on 3 things I'd say it's a rockbass...1: No coil select switch things (Can't think of the proper name for them). 2: Alder body, I've never seen a warwick with one, but I know many rockbass' have them. 3: The neck, warwick uses different woods in their necks for the higher models.

3. Shmone

Shmone

Feb 16, 2009
    Israel
    It's a rockbass, it has a maple neck and an alder body, the new rockbasses have the regular 'W' logo but they have the rockbass logo written on the TR cover.
    But if you are looking for a warwick for that price you can buy a used german $$.

4. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    Cool guys thanks much....I was just curious if that was indeed a rockbass.

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    the rockbases i've seen have had fender style bridges, this one appears to have the higher end bridge. looks like the cheapest fully warwick bass rather than a rockbass *but* part of the appeal of warwicks are the different woods used in the necks.

6. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    The new rockbasses (2010 models+) use the two piece bridge and have the W headstock logo like real Warwicks. The different woods are the true tell-tale sign that these are rockbass models, though the electronics also signify the difference. Warwick $$ have 4 knobs and two selector switches, while the rockbass $$ only has 3 knobs. Also, the active rockbass have 4 individual knobs while a warwick corvette std active has 3 spots, one being a concentric knob.

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    wow that's a nice upgrade for the rockbass, i always felt the cheaper bridge cheapened the overall look of the bass

8. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    is 2010 version of rockbass.

Use cheaper material to on the bass. Abit like MIM and MIA.