1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick RB Streamer 5 Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bofink, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Bofink

Bofink

Dec 28, 2013
    Finland
    Tried posting on Warwick forum with lack of results, sso I'm trying here.

----

I bought a Warwick RB Streamer 5 -08 last week.
    It had way too high action so I decided to lower the action and adjust the truss rod.

The problem is that if I try to lower the strings, they get too close to the bridge pickup.

How do I lower the pickup?
    The neck also bows upwards, with the truss rod maxed. :meh:

Will post pictures and measurements if requested :)

For the neck I'm thinking about adding washers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. autotech6506

autotech6506

Mar 3, 2014
    the 2 screws on either side of the pickup will adjust it's height. from the looks of the last picture you need to take your bass to a pro and have them straighten the neck. they will loosen the truss rod and force the neck into a back bow for a while and then re tighten the truss rod which should straighten the neck out to normal. can you post a picture of the neck?

3. mandohack

mandohack

May 6, 2011
    MI, USA
    Do a quick google search for Warwick pickup height. There's a video and references to the User Manual that you can download that should tell you how to adjust the pickups. I don't have a Warwick, but in researching them recently, I thought they had four screws, one on each corner, on each pickup for height. In the second picture, that's what looks like is happening, the neck-side screws are tighter than the bridge-side screws, giving the pickup a tilt. Read the manual, watch the video, let us know how it goes.

4. Bofink

Bofink

Dec 28, 2013
    Finland
    Here's a few pictures of the neck.
    low action on the first frets but high on the rest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]