Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick reversal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mudvayne4ever, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Mudvayne4ever

Mudvayne4ever Guest

May 2, 2001
    Conowingo,Maryland
    Could a Lefty Corvette 6 stringer be reversed for right-handed playing? And if it were possible,would there be any kind of complications? Thanks for any help,Luke

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm thinking it would mostly involve changing the nut and doing a good set-up. Is there more to it?

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Strap Button

Peace
    Nick

4. Mudvayne4ever

Mudvayne4ever Guest

May 2, 2001
    Conowingo,Maryland
    Well,my friend is selling his Corvette 6,it's a lefty,I'm right handed. He's selling it at a good price,and I wanted to know if it could be reversed to fit me. If it could be done without much hassle,I'd love to pick up on the good deal. Luke

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I always thought it would be interesting to have a lefty bass and try to learn to play it somewhat. Tried one in a store once. It was WORSE than starting over. I think playing Righty with my FEET :p would be easier!

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well you can, but as others have stated here, it would requier a good setup, change the position of the strap button and change the nut.

Doing that, it would still look like this:
    (well the strings would be reversed, but you get the picture)

[​IMG]

There´s something about a lefty turned righty that turns me off though........

7. are the MEC's monosize pickups ?

some pickups have thicker polepieces at the B and E, and thinner at the G and C. i've seen 2 a couple of basses with them..

but they might have been custom made pickups.. dunno..

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Ah! Good point, Allo. And Icez, I agree...that would make for one d@mn ugly bass while playing. And with that tiny horn turned up like that, I imagine the balance would be little more than dreadful!

9. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    plus, you'd prolly bang yer arm/elbow against the knobs a whole lot...

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Even if they were aranged with the poles larger on one side, I imagine you could just flip them.

Peace
    Nick

11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Plus upper register access would severely be hampered by the lack of a deep cutaway like the one found on the lower, shorter horn.