Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick rewiring - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Marlat, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Okay I have a 97 FOrtress Flashback, which has two passive pickups, a J in the neck position and a JJ in the bridge position. The controls are Vol / Blend / Tone.

I recently acquired a OBP-1 and wanted to put it into the Fortress. What do you think of the following rewiring:

Pot 1: Stacked Vol / Vol

Pot 2: Stacked Bass / Treble

Pot 3: Push / Pull - Passtive Tone (pull up for series / parallel switching)

and drilling a new hole for a small active passive switch.

Is there a better way to go about it, or does this sound like a reasonable way to modify the bass without putting too many holes in the pickguard etc.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Bump,

I've added a coil splitting switch to the mix. Now the only problem is that I can't find a source for the pots in Australia. Can anyone help me out?

I need:

1x Dual Concentric Vol Pots (500k??)
    1x Dual Concentric Active Bass / Treble (25k)
    1x Push Pull 250K for a tone pot.

All with Chrome Knobs. Anyone got a source for these parts or can supply them to me?

3. Warmoth has the stacked 500k. I think they've got the push-pull in a 250 too.

Did you check Stew-Mac?

For a 25 K, I suppose you could put a resistor in parallel with the 500k...

P.S. One thing I like about my Fortress Flashback 5 is that it IS passive!!!! :D

4. guitarpartsdepot.com has a stacked 25k pot from EMG.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY