1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick rewiring - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Marlat, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Okay I have a 97 FOrtress Flashback, which has two passive pickups, a J in the neck position and a JJ in the bridge position. The controls are Vol / Blend / Tone.

I recently acquired a OBP-1 and wanted to put it into the Fortress. What do you think of the following rewiring:

Pot 1: Stacked Vol / Vol

Pot 2: Stacked Bass / Treble

Pot 3: Push / Pull - Passtive Tone (pull up for series / parallel switching)

and drilling a new hole for a small active passive switch.

Is there a better way to go about it, or does this sound like a reasonable way to modify the bass without putting too many holes in the pickguard etc.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Bump,

I've added a coil splitting switch to the mix. Now the only problem is that I can't find a source for the pots in Australia. Can anyone help me out?

I need:

1x Dual Concentric Vol Pots (500k??)
    1x Dual Concentric Active Bass / Treble (25k)
    1x Push Pull 250K for a tone pot.

All with Chrome Knobs. Anyone got a source for these parts or can supply them to me?

3. Warmoth has the stacked 500k. I think they've got the push-pull in a 250 too.

Did you check Stew-Mac?

For a 25 K, I suppose you could put a resistor in parallel with the 500k...

P.S. One thing I like about my Fortress Flashback 5 is that it IS passive!!!! :D

4. guitarpartsdepot.com has a stacked 25k pot from EMG.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY