Warwick Rock Bass Corvette Standard ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by .-.LeX.-., Apr 18, 2002.

1. hey guys.. im looking to buy a new bass.. ive been beating on my crappy squier p bass for 5 years now... its litterlly fallin' apart on me :-/

so i was looking at the warwick rock bass site.. and i saw this beauty.. does anybody here own this bass?? is it good? versitle? what kind of sound/ tone is expected playing through a hartke head and SUNN 2x15 cab? i just need as many opnions as i can on this bass, until i can find a store that actully has the bass and i can try it formyself

2. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Depends on what you want/need. Don't look for monster tone out of that bass -- you won't get it. Personally those J pickups and the cheap chrome hardware just don't cut it. There are better alternatives. Don't just buy the Warwick name. That instrument isn't very representative of the name anyway (cheaper model).

Then again the Hartke/Sunn combo might not do a better instrument any justice. I have experience with both brands.

I'd look for a used bass with a good active P/J set. Might not say Warwick on it but I bet it will sound a whole lot better than that Warwick. Seems many of the high end manufactures feel the need to come out with a low end line. Spector, PRS, Warwick it really doesn't matter. Some owners feel it cheapens the whole line. I personally don't mind. But I've always found them to be lacking. Usually horrible electronics and a lack of fit and finish and the most important thing is they lack tone.

Good luck in your search.
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Don't own it, but got my hands on one last week. I was pretty impressed by the thing actually. Not an amazing bass, but for the money, not bad.

Won't make me consider givin' up my Zon, but an excellent instrument in it's price range.
  4. Yeah.. they're not like the other warwicks, but they're very "nice for the price"(tm) :)
  5. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    buy a fender jazz!!