Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Rock Bass Streamer Standard 5 vs. Dean Edge 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WWOD?, Feb 14, 2003.

1. I've narrowed down my new bass search to a Warwick Rock Bass Streamer Standard 5 and a Dean Edge 5. Does anybody have any experience with either of these? (I'm leaning towards the Dean Edge 5)

Warwick Rock Bass- It's been highly recommended to me by several people. It felt comfortable to play and had a good punch to it for the price.

Dean Edge 5- One word: smooth. That's all that can describe how this felt to me. Unlike the Warwick where I fumbled around a little, the Dean Edge 5 string felt totally natural.

2. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    I don't know about the Edge 5, but I have a Edge Q 6 and it is a pleasure to play. The EMG-HZ pu's have plenty of punch and tone, the balance of the bass is perfect and the construction of the 5-piece neck is great. The neck for a 6 is very comfortable, in fact it is the most comfortable 6 I have played. So I would think the Edge 5 would be just as good. For the price, it is a very good bass and I would recommend it.
    (Plus the finish on mine...WOW)

[​IMG]