1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Rock Bass Streamer Standard 5 vs. Dean Edge 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WWOD?, Feb 14, 2003.

1. I've narrowed down my new bass search to a Warwick Rock Bass Streamer Standard 5 and a Dean Edge 5. Does anybody have any experience with either of these? (I'm leaning towards the Dean Edge 5)

Warwick Rock Bass- It's been highly recommended to me by several people. It felt comfortable to play and had a good punch to it for the price.

Dean Edge 5- One word: smooth. That's all that can describe how this felt to me. Unlike the Warwick where I fumbled around a little, the Dean Edge 5 string felt totally natural.

2. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    I don't know about the Edge 5, but I have a Edge Q 6 and it is a pleasure to play. The EMG-HZ pu's have plenty of punch and tone, the balance of the bass is perfect and the construction of the 5-piece neck is great. The neck for a 6 is very comfortable, in fact it is the most comfortable 6 I have played. So I would think the Edge 5 would be just as good. For the price, it is a very good bass and I would recommend it.
    (Plus the finish on mine...WOW)

[​IMG]