1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Rockbass built quality in 2018.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Raitis Neitals, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Raitis Neitals

Raitis Neitals

Apr 30, 2018
    Hi!

Have read a lot of negative posts regarding older Warwick RockBasses and their built quality, but if i compare these two:

RockBass Fortress vs GPS Corvette (~1k vs ~1.6k $)

Pickups, machine heads, bridge, chrome hardware, Just a Nut and even electronics looks like the same according to specs.

Neck is different, but will it play a lot in terms of tone for these two?

I don't have an option to test them out in local guitar shop.

Basses:

en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--RockBass--Fortress--Fortress--5-string--Pictures.html

en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Pro-Serie---Teambuilt--Pro-Serie---Teambuilt--Corvette--Corvette-Ash-Version--5-string--Pictures.html

2. I own two of the new rock basses and they play and sound everybit as nice as my german warwicks these are my stage basses and i keep my german for the studio now.

K-2 likes this.
  3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I just ordered a rockbass Corvette 6 string, so I will let you know my thoughts on it when it arrives early next week.

4. Raitis Neitals

Raitis Neitals

Apr 30, 2018
    Ordered Rockbass Fortress 5 string version. After 15 minutes of playing, packed it back for return. Overall it felt very cheap, especially neck. Sound wasn't bad, but nothing that would be worth ~1k $ as well.

Even Squier VM Jazz bass V feels two times better in terms of quality and it cots 40% of Fortress price.

Would not suggest Rockbass line to anyone.

5. Raitis Neitals

Raitis Neitals

Apr 30, 2018
    Huge thumbs up to Squier VM Jazz bass 5 string version. Yesterday was first time i got chance to try out one at local guitar shop and i was shocked how much bass its was for the price... I mean just 400$ and Jazz it is. Amazing.

Ofcourse its not the lightest instrument and balance could also be better, but still.

My main giging instrument is American STD P Bass and i am quite sure that if i would have to buy new bass today i would go for 4x cheaper Squier over American Fender.