1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ 4 String - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by adin85, Nov 30, 2013.

1. adin85

adin85

May 18, 2012
    Fall River, MA
    So, I got a Best Buy gift card from holiday shopping. I was thinking about getting the Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ 4 String. Does anyone have any thoughts on this model? Is it a good buy? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Warwick Corvette Rockbass $$ 4 String

2. jdb72

jdb72 Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2010
    You cannot go wrong with $$ rock bass corvette. I got a 5 string and like it better than my Ray 34 that I just sold! Number of STRINGS had nothing to do with it. It was all about the tone.

3. I tried the 4 string Corvette $$ at the store earlier this week. The only problem I found was the fret edges were so sharp it cut my thumb!!! I let the kid that work there know about it but I doubt it will sell if it doubles as a cheese grater.

But it had a nice beefy sound even with the serial/parallel switches engaged. Id love to try a 5 string of that model.

4. bigsnaketex

bigsnaketex

Dec 29, 2011
    Down South
    I've got the ProSeries Corvette in Bubinga and it's a killer axe.

Warwicks are very different basses but as long as they feel good to you - you won't be disappointed!