1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick "RockBass Corvette Basic" 199.95, Shipped

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Bongolation, May 2, 2010.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Black only, one day only.

[​IMG]

For my sins, after dissing Warwick for years for that disturbingly penile upper horn, I actually bought one of these.

2. byoung

byoung

Mar 13, 2005
    Covington, WA
    Not seeing the $199; shows up as $349.

3. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Make sure you have the black one checked.

Clear your cookies or something. It did that to me one time, then it worked properly.

Or call. I did the first time I had trouble with it and they said try again. If not to call back and they'd do it for me by phone.

Good luck!

4. marcwcarroll

marcwcarroll

Dec 7, 2009
    Durham, NC
    dang it not having any luck.. when i call they ask where i saw the $199 price to begin with... seem like a good deal if i can convince these folks. Bongo, where did you first run across this deal?

5. marcwcarroll

marcwcarroll

Dec 7, 2009
    Durham, NC
    nevermind-- got it.. need to go to "deal of the day" button

6. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I ordered it, but I think I may cancel. I don't have room for more instruments. :meh: It has to be a worthwhile and somewhat distinguished instrument to warrant the space nowadays. I should be selling, not buying. :rollno:

7. This is an old rockbass....not as hot a deal as a new one....if headstock says Rockbass instead of the Warwick W it's an old one.

8. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Looking at the new one, all I can find different in appearance is the headstock graphic and the bridge. Street's $649 on them.

According to the sites, the new one has the same MEC pickups, but is passive -- this old one is supposedly active 2-band.

Strange.

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    They didn't sell out, so the price is still good today.

10. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Seems the main difference between the new ones and the old ones is the finish, bridge, and neck finish as well as the headstock logo. I had one of these a while back that I got from Guitar Center for $99. Not bad for the price.

11. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    For $100? I should think not! Wow.

What was the story there?

12. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Hey, I just got this a while ago. A MUCH nicer bass than I was expecting! See my brief rundown in Basses.

13. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    It was back when Guitar Center's "List Event" was actually worth going to. I showed up, and low and behold, they had one 4 string in blue and one 5 string in black. I bought the blue one within 5 minutes of entering the store, and like an idiot, I went home and went back to bed, only to wake up a half hour later to my brain screaming at me to go back and get the 5 string before it's gone. I called up the store to see if anyone had bought it yet, and they hadn't, so I had them hold it and bought it. I sold it a week later on ebay for about $220, so it pretty much paid for the 4 string that I kept and played regularly for about 6 months.

I sure do miss the days when GC really had smokin' deals at list events

14. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    They occasionally do, still, but it's not like the old days. I was the king of that. First one in line, moved fast, didn't hesitate, cleaned 'em out. :p

15. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Got the Rockbass yesterday, thanks Bongolation. I like how it came with the wrenches and a set of straplocks.

16. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I have to say that this is probably the most impressive deal on a bass I've seen in a long time.

Even at MSRP, it got "Best Value of the Year" in Bass Player, I think it was.

It has the same MEC Gold pickups and preamp module as in the German Corvettes, Schaller-made German machines, the Warwick straplocks, two-piece alder body, laminated neck, etc.

17. The new Rockbasses have a thinner neck too. Played one at Sam Ash a few days ago next to the old version and there's a very noticeable difference.

18. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    Much thanks to the OP!!! The bass is in my lap this very second and it hasn't really been neglected since it came in. The features that came with this thing are friggin great for $199. Now if I could just find a Thumb for about 400$ ;)