1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic 6 string - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tony G, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm interested in messing around with a six string again and was wondering about the Warwick RockBass Corvette Basic 6. I miss my old MIG Corvette 5 string from a long time ago, and was hoping that I could get a new toy for a fraction of the cost, but I still want some quality and playability. I'm a little bit of a bass snob, but appreciate a good bargain when I can get one. Has anyone played one of these lately? I guess I'm most worried about neck dive on it, but I want low action and smooth fret ends. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

preview.

EDIT: picture of the bass I bought from reverb!:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Anyone tried one of these?

3. I tried one in a store and was not impressed. I own couple of MIG Warwick and the rockbass is not in the same ballpark. It is a fine instrument but I think you can get better for that $$$. Ibanez makes very good 6 string basses.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Thanks for your thoughts. I can definitely appreciate that it will never be a MIG Warwick, but I don't expect it to be. I decided to risk it and picked one up for $484 on sale at Reverb in b-stock condition. Hopefully at that price it will exceed my expectations!

Quick question for you since you said you tried it...did it have any appreciable neck dive?

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'll just say you were right...Total disappointment. I would advise anyone if you can afford not to, don't buy one of these 6 string RockBass corvettes (especially as a B-stock). Super neck heavy, but I was kind of expecting some neck dive. Every single fret end was sharp. Every single one. I will say the body and neck construction seemed very good, but the electronics were on the poor side. I'll save you from any more description and just say I'm sending it back ASAP.