1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic VS Yamaha BB424

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ToadWarrior, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Anyway got any opinions on these two basses?

From what I've heard I like both their sounds, possibly the Yamaha a little bit more, but I far prefer the look of the Warwick, I really don't like the Yamaha headstock.

I'm mostly wondering about build quality, I've heard that the newer Rockbasses are much better than the old ones, and I've heard the Yamaha BB's are just really great all around.

2. dStar

dStar

Mar 1, 2012
    Hint: the sound is more important than the headstock ;)

3. blaxquid

blaxquid

Jul 18, 2013
    Tried a few Warwicks at the store (higher end models) and I left with a "meh", playing-wise. I didn't like the super flat fingerboards. On the other hand, I found a Yamaha BB404f (fretless jazz clone) and I couldn't believe I paid under 2 bills for it, used. For the money, these are tough to beat.

Nikol4ik likes this.
  4. Nikol4ik

Nikol4ik

May 7, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Same here,they're good basses but that ugly body shape headstock,meh and meh and meh.The sound is too punchy thin and fits just a few styles IMO.