Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 15, 2003.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I decided to take a trip to two local music stores today. I was trying so many different basses that the attendant was starting to get pissed. I went through Fender American, Peavey, Ibanez, Lakland, Spector, Dean, and a ew more I'm sure I'm forgetting. I learned something about my comfort style. Thin necks are my thing, with thin string spacing. After trying, the Lakland Joe Osbourne and Ibanez BTB, I was so dissapoined. The sound was amazing, but it was so uncomfortable. But when I tried the Warwick Rockbass Basic Corvette. It was the sound I had always yearned for. It was so bright and punchy, just the way I like it. I want one so bad now. But I'm stuck with my Ibanez EDC 705. Wah! Wah! Wah! :bawl:. Which by the way will be up on eBay on Monday, if I don't find a buyer buy then.

Just felt like sharing my experience.

: :bassist: :bawl: :spit:
  2. Yea I went to GC yesterday too because me dad was going up northern NJ to a teloscope place. So I spent about 30 minutes playing different basses. I like the Fender P Standard alot. Also tried out a Fender Reissue Jazz but I forgot what year, and to me it was horible. Fast to play but horrible sounding. Also tried a Warwick Corvette what was WOW but it was out of tune, but the attendant didn't believe me. I wanted to try out some more but there selection was limited. I really wanted to try out the P-bass deluxe. A P sound with a J neck, that would be heaven for me. Then there is the fact the input in the SWR Workingman's 15 I wanted to use was ..... just not there. So I got plugged into some poopy LA Series... Overall for the 30 min I was there it was fun.
  3. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea I also tried the Rockbass basic corvette. It was a really nice bass and had a good price. It seemed like a whole different brand from Warwick. The neck was less chunky(like most Warwick necks), the body is Swamp Ash(I'm pretty sure) and the pickups seemed alot brighter as well.
  4. I wanted to try a Rockbass, but half the basses there were Squire. Today I'm going to Sports Authoritym I'll go to the GC near there :)
  5. I just hate it when that happens, and since most attendants are usually guitarist, and hence only know how to tune guitars, it happens all the time. That's why I always bring a tuner with me whenever I'm trying out basses.