Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 15, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I decided to take a trip to two local music stores today. I was trying so many different basses that the attendant was starting to get pissed. I went through Fender American, Peavey, Ibanez, Lakland, Spector, Dean, and a ew more I'm sure I'm forgetting. I learned something about my comfort style. Thin necks are my thing, with thin string spacing. After trying, the Lakland Joe Osbourne and Ibanez BTB, I was so dissapoined. The sound was amazing, but it was so uncomfortable. But when I tried the Warwick Rockbass Basic Corvette. It was the sound I had always yearned for. It was so bright and punchy, just the way I like it. I want one so bad now. But I'm stuck with my Ibanez EDC 705. Wah! Wah! Wah! :bawl:. Which by the way will be up on eBay on Monday, if I don't find a buyer buy then.

Just felt like sharing my experience.

~Patrick

: :bassist: :bawl: :spit:

2. Yea I went to GC yesterday too because me dad was going up northern NJ to a teloscope place. So I spent about 30 minutes playing different basses. I like the Fender P Standard alot. Also tried out a Fender Reissue Jazz but I forgot what year, and to me it was horible. Fast to play but horrible sounding. Also tried a Warwick Corvette what was WOW but it was out of tune, but the attendant didn't believe me. I wanted to try out some more but there selection was limited. I really wanted to try out the P-bass deluxe. A P sound with a J neck, that would be heaven for me. Then there is the fact the input in the SWR Workingman's 15 I wanted to use was ..... just not there. So I got plugged into some poopy LA Series... Overall for the 30 min I was there it was fun.

3. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea I also tried the Rockbass basic corvette. It was a really nice bass and had a good price. It seemed like a whole different brand from Warwick. The neck was less chunky(like most Warwick necks), the body is Swamp Ash(I'm pretty sure) and the pickups seemed alot brighter as well.

4. I wanted to try a Rockbass, but half the basses there were Squire. Today I'm going to Sports Authoritym I'll go to the GC near there :)

5. I just hate it when that happens, and since most attendants are usually guitarist, and hence only know how to tune guitars, it happens all the time. That's why I always bring a tuner with me whenever I'm trying out basses.