Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick RockBass Corvette Classic 5 String???Good or Not (I need opinions)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Newjacksm, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Newjacksm

Newjacksm

Sep 28, 2002
    hey is the Warwick RockBass Corvette Classic 5 String I did a search on them on the site and its not helping me.. I really need some ones opinion about them and if they're worth buying for a second bass........

Thanks

Greg Z

2. What's the price? You can get a real Corvette Standard 5 used for as low as $550 if you look hard enough.

3. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Yeah, I was thinking about getting a RockBass Corvette 5, but a lot of people here (expierenced players) said they weren't too impressed with them, I got a Warwick Corvette Standard 5 on eBay for 740 bucks. Only about 200 more than the RockBass, but probably twice as good (anxiously awaiting shipment :()

4. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    In my very limited experience there is no drastic difference in build quality between Rockbass and Standard. Rockbasses may (or may not) have more variance in quality between individual basses. But to me there is just certain mojo in alder/maple/rosewood combination.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    note the experience part :D ;) that will come with time and you too will be able to discern the subtle nuances from bass to bass.

then buy a fender... :p

6. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    With the experience remark I was only referring to my experience with Rockbasses.

I have played one single Rockbass that was at least as good as the other (ca.20) Warwicks that were in the store. It was flawless, but some "real" Warwicks had misaligned bridges, rough routing and such. And it sounded better than a 2002 FNA Jazzman. I did and once more do say that my experience is limited (as well as objective) and there will probably be Rockbasses that are not as good. And players that find the Rockbasses less appealing.

Judge basses by your own experiences and I will do the same. I once went with the hype and it proved to be wrong decision.

7. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    My Rockbass plays and sounds better than any of the Corvettes in GC, IMO...the high end ones sound odd to me. I guess its a matter of preference. I also don't like the necks on the higher end ones. The necks on the Rockbasses seem much thinner, which is good for me. And here is the kicker:

Rockbass: $415

Corvette: $1350

Damn, I love cheap basses that sound great!!

8. I'll second that!

9. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Has anyone seen a fretless Corvette Rockbass?
    Is that even an option?