Warwick RockBass Corvette Special Edition?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rock bassist 81, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Hey, I have a MIM Jender Jazz which I like, but i am not happy with. But, the probablem is that i am only 14 and i don't have a lot of $$. I have read a lot about Warwicks and it has been all positive, but they are all soo expencive.

Recentaly they came out with the "RockBass" line of Warwicks. They are greatly cheeper. The drop in price would drop the quality, but is it still worth $700? I think that i would be able to pull together that much with my Birthday and Christmass.

So, would the RockBass Corvette SE be a good buy, if not, what are some other good basses around $500-$700?
  2. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    4 or 5 string that your looking at?

The 4 is a good deal. I dont like Warwick 5's because the spacing is too narrow, but thats just me.

The Corvette Rockbass is a good guitar, but if you want a 5 string, I'd reccomend the Ibanez BTB 405QM

or the Lakland Skyline 55-01
  3. I'm not sure if i would like a 4 or a 5 yet...
  4. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    You should check eBay often because there are usually Warwicks and rockbasses up for grabs for much lower than retail price.
  5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Yeah. If you're able to get 700 bucks I'd go for a Corvette on eBay.

I got a 5 String Corvette Standard for 770 total (Bass + Shipping)

I saw a new 4 string Corvette with a buy it now of 530 a while ago. If you have that money, search eBay. I'm sure you'd be much happier with the real thing than a RockBass.
  6. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Oh yeah. Maybe I should have mentioned that I got a 4-string Corvette standard fretless for $515.
  7. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    In my opinion, the Rockbass Corvette is the best bass for the money that I have ever played... within about 2 minutes I played the 4 string and 5 string versions, then tried a Streamer Stage 2 for literally 30 seconds and went straight back to the Corvettes because I thought they felt much, much better and sounded almost as good as the SSII.

I would buy one myself, but have no need just at the minute.