warwick rockbass corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by (hed)-less, Apr 17, 2003.

1. hey there. i tried out a really beautiful warwick rockbass corvette classic the other day. im seriously thinking of buying it, it was £450.

something i dont understand is though: whats the difference between warwick and rockbass basses'? are rockbasses a cheaper version?

also if anyone else has experienced this bass tell me what you think..cheers!

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    If you do a search here, you will find lot of info regarding the Warwick rockbass.

And to answer one of your questions:
    Yes, rockbass Corvette is basically the cheaper version of the actual Warwick Corvette.
  3. 3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    The Warwick Corvette Rockbasses, are very nice basses for the money. I think they're underated because of the fact that its made in China. They have a nice sounding/crispy snap on the G string and the electronics/pup's are the same as the German models. I took back a passive MTD Heir 5string to exchange it for the active Warwick Rockbass. It had more of the sound I was looking for in a bass, for that price range,which is a bit more active and hi-fi sounding than the Heir.:)
  4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    My Rockbass served me very well in a backup capacity to my ZON, I never did get used to the string spacing...thats the main reason I am selling it, but for right around $500, I think its great!!
  5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea the Rockbass is cheaper than the Warwicks, but IMO, they're like an entire different brand. The feel is more of a "standard" Fender like feel IMO, its not as chunky as the necks on the Warwicks. The woods are different too. The body is made of Maple or Ash ithink, instead of Bubinga. The neck is made of maple as well. I actually prefer the tone of the Rockbass over that of the Warwicks, but that's me.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The only real warwick I have ever liked is a 4 string corvette fretless... The others are just... eh... to much thump.

I have yet to find a rock bass i don't love, though.