Warwick Rockbass Crovette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jphase88, Nov 26, 2004.

1. jphase88

Jul 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    What do you guys think about the Warwick Rockbass Corvettes? they have Corvette Basic, Corvette Classic, and Corvette SE (Special Edition)
    I'm intrested in getting one but i was wondering what ur opinions were on these basses.
  2. I own both a Rockbass Corvette and a Rockbass Streamer.

I gotta say I love them both!

Build quality and finish is outstanding, and it's easy to get a really nice setup on each bass.

Mine are both passive models. The MEC J pickups in my Corvette are single coil, and do have a little hum - nothing too huge, but it's there.

The Streamer has dual MEC soapbar humbuckers which are deadly quiet and sound great.

The output of the Streamer is a little lower than the Corvette.

The tone of both basses is lovely, the Streamer a little warmer and more mellow that the Corvette which is a little more versatile, and can get a great jazzy tone from the bridge pickup.

The Carolena body of my Streamer is quite a bit heavier than the Corvette's Alder body. Both balance quite well on a strap, but I prefer the balance of my Streamer.

The Rockbass gear is made in China, but I'm yet to find any reason to think that's a bad thing.

One thing I did change is the pot configuration on my Corvette. It came with two tone, a blend pot and master volume. I wasn't crazy about it, and the blend pot was quite scratchy, so I rewired it with two tone, and an individual volume for each pickup. I prefer that configuration, and the whole rewire cost me about ten bucks. Anyway, it's not something I had to do, just wanted to.

The neck on both basses is very slim and fast, and the Warwick tuners are accurate and stable.

I haven't played any of the Active Rockbasses, so I can't comment on their active electronics.

Go for it, I'm sure you'll love a Rockbass Corvette! :hyper:

I do!

3. milo

Jul 22, 2004
    i played active fretted and frettless RB corvette .
    for this kind of money go for it they are the best made basses in this price range.OK maybe electronic is not the best but u can change it.The neck is straight ,no fret buzzing, low action,rosewood is good quality an things are put together wery well.BASSPLAYER gave it 4.5 from 5

i played it trought HARTKE kickback 1x12 and the sound was earth shaking with clear hights.BUT if u turn treble to the end the sound goes to glass breaking spank (bad).
    do u want 4 or 5 stringer?
    around this price class u have:
    4 strings: yamaha bb 604,ibanez btb 400,ibanez rd 600,cort curbow 4 ...
    5 strings: yamaha 605,ibanez btb 405, curbow 5...
    SE is to expensive u can get better bass for this price.
    USE SEARCH BUTTON ON THE TOP and u will get more opinions
  4. milo

Jul 22, 2004