Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick rockbass fortress vs ibanez sr505

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Catalin, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Warwick Rockbass Fortress(5 strings) Vs ibanez sr505 or srx705

2. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Ibanez SR 505 and if you could save the extra money, get the SR 905 (beautiful axe). I've tried the Chinese Warwicks and have been impressed. But if yr comfy with the tight fingerboard, the SR 505 might be one of the best bang for buck 5 strings around. The SRX models are not bad and if punk/metal is yr thing; maybe it’s for you. But the SR line is more versatile. The 505's Bart pickups are plenty powerful but not mind-crushingly so like the SRX.

3. I've only had experience with the SR505 and I highly recomend it. I had one for a couple months and it was excellent. A really good buy.

It sounded great, and played great. I bought it for $540 new and for that price you can't beat it.

The only reason I got rid of it is because I'm putting the money towards a Stingray 5 LTD.
    I can't wait!:hyper:

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i like both the Ibanez's, but have only owned the SRX705. it was awesome.

5. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Wouldn't mind seeing these two axes go toe to toe. The SXR 705's neck-thru construction does have an edge. However all the reviews on these TBC (just get a load of some of the threads on this forum) have been excellent. Also these TBCs are pretty reasonablely priced to say the least. Anyone try both of these basses?

r
    PS Off hand I'd say the TBC would smoke the Chinese Warwick, sorry.