Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Rockbass! Looks nice!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass2020, Feb 7, 2002.

1. bass2020

bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
  2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Is that their "budget series" that I've heard so much about?

3. yes

4. The RB has the "standard" one piece bridge, more common tone woods, and the MEC system.

I'm sure the newest CAD machines put out great quality and I'm sure they'll play great. With today's technology: Put a couple of blocks of wood in one end and out the other end pops out a good quality bass. And Germany makes the some of the finest CAD machines ever made.

The more custom versions of the Whorewick's will cost as as much as their German counter parts.

I love my German Warwick;
    Wonder where it's all going and how it's going to turn out.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    hmm...a warwick with more common woods - that's a spector, right? :D ;) :) kidding!!!

actually...the corvette rockbass doesn't look too bad. has the same electronics as the high end bolt on german warwicks, available with a flame top...

too bad i'd have to paint the headstock so it didn't say "rockbass" (not because i want to give the appearance of a higher model warwick, but because rockbass is a really stupid name), and i'd have to spend a lot of time with one to see if it still sounded anywhere near what a warwick is supposed to sound like - with a rosewood board, maple neck, and alder body? not likely.

the CZ could be a poormans SSI though, i'm DEFINITELY interested in playing one of those.

jason

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    it looks nice.. probably sounds nice... I think I'd rather have a warwick ;)

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Boo?

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    The rockbass text on the head stock looks really friggin' ugly. I wonder how they sound though...