1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Rockbass SS 5 vs. Ibanez BTB 405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EEbass04, May 29, 2002.

1. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Well I went to Monster Music today and played a Warwick Rockbass SS 5 today, through a Mesa Boogie Buster 200. I was impressed. Since I don't have much to compare it to (Epiphone Accu Bass Jr.) Well they were selling it for $550. I would consider buying it, but I'm also considering the Ibanez BTB 405. Well I haven't played the BTB but have read good things about it. When playing the Wariwick (MEC Soapbars), I liked the sound, but noticed the very small string spacing. I'm sure I could get used to it over time. But I was wondering whether the BTB has a larger string spacing. It would make it easier for me. The other reason I would pick the Ibanez over the Warwick is the EQ. I wasn't very impressed with the electronics on it. Especially since I couldn't ever really figure out which knob did what(I turned them all down and I could still play it and hear it through the amp!?!) But can you please compare the 2 for me and the pros and cons. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks