Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Rockbass SS 5 vs. Ibanez BTB 405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EEbass04, May 29, 2002.

1. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Well I went to Monster Music today and played a Warwick Rockbass SS 5 today, through a Mesa Boogie Buster 200. I was impressed. Since I don't have much to compare it to (Epiphone Accu Bass Jr.) Well they were selling it for $550. I would consider buying it, but I'm also considering the Ibanez BTB 405. Well I haven't played the BTB but have read good things about it. When playing the Wariwick (MEC Soapbars), I liked the sound, but noticed the very small string spacing. I'm sure I could get used to it over time. But I was wondering whether the BTB has a larger string spacing. It would make it easier for me. The other reason I would pick the Ibanez over the Warwick is the EQ. I wasn't very impressed with the electronics on it. Especially since I couldn't ever really figure out which knob did what(I turned them all down and I could still play it and hear it through the amp!?!) But can you please compare the 2 for me and the pros and cons. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks