1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick RockBass Streamer 1 PU?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PostFusion, Aug 27, 2012.

1. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    I found one at a local pawn shop for $110, which seemed iffy with me, especially being a Warwick. I played it, and it sounded decent. The action on it needed to be raised a bit.

I just want to know if this is a good deal or not? Is it a nice bass?

I would post pictures to it, but I can't find any. The head stock has "RockBass by Warwick" on it, and Streamer written on the little thing on it (I honestly forgot what that part was called)
    It was Sunburst, about 23 frets, two nobs, one large pickup.

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The older Rockbass line didn't have the W on the headstock, but instead was branded with the "Rockbass" logo. It is indeed an older Warwick Rockbass Streamer. If it feels good to you, its a good bass at a good price. I hope this helps...please let me know if you need assistance in any way. Thanks!

3. That's a good deal

4. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    Seriously, that's a great deal. If you played it and it sounded good and felt nice, go for it :)

5. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If it played and sounded good (barring the poor setup, which can of course be fixed) then what does it matter if it's a real Wick or not? It's $110. :D

6. Pretty much any bass is a good deal at $110 (at least here in the uk anyway)

7. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Exactly! :D

8. slyb5

slyb5 Supporting Member

+1.
    I have an old rockbass too I got for 200$. unbeatable. Will never sell it. Got for it!

9. Do it. Do it now! (voice in your ear)

10. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    Thank you all so much.
    Its in lay-away until Saturday, and it will be my first bass.
    And thank you Warwick, I'll take any questions I have for it to you, its a very nice looking bass.

From what I played, it was pretty good, and I'm sure it will sound better when I'm not playing it on a tiny guitar amp ;)

11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Congratulations! Certainly, don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can help with. Best regards,