Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick rockbass streamer 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fdiaz05, Feb 25, 2003.

1. fdiaz05

fdiaz05

Oct 24, 2002
    i have an ibanez sr 485 5 string (active) and i love it only for some songs that i play with the guys they tune down (drop d, dflat and what not) i'm looking for a decent four string that can get play the highs and the low. I kinda always wanted to own a warwick but do'nt have the money to invest. so i wanted to see what you guys thought about the warwick rockbass streamer 4 string. i've played the thumbs and vettes but they weren't to my liking. anyone own a rockbass streamer 4 string?

2. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Bought one recently and didn't like it. It was too heavy for me and the neck was slow. However, it had really cool tone and was extremely well built for the money.

3. fdiaz05

fdiaz05

Oct 24, 2002
    arn't warwisk heavy by nature? what did ya mean by the neck being slow?

4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    This was my first Warwick so I can't compare. By a slow neck, shape of the neck seemed ponderous to me. You should try one out yourself.

5. fdiaz05

fdiaz05

Oct 24, 2002
    yea i'm planning on that. i just wanted to know if they were pretty decent quality or if the only thing that compares to the original warwicks is the look.

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if a rockbass is heavy for you i'd be interested in what you thought of my ss2 ;)

i think they're great basses for the money: they definitely sound like a warwick although the corvettes sound much closer, and the neck feels really close to other warwicks necks, so if you like the 'real' warwicks you'll like the rockbass, for the most part.

there have been many times where i have done a shootout at a music store among sub $500 basses and if a corvette rockbass is there, it always wins.

i'd probably save a little more and get a corvette (or a used 'real' warwick) though. the active pickups make a big difference.

7. For the price, they're good basses. Basically a passive Warwick, less trademark tone, but well built for the money.

I say it's about as good a choice as any. I tried one and didn't find it too heavy, but I'm young and sprightly.

The neck did seem slow though, esp. compared to higher-end warwicks I've tried. It was a little sticky, no worse than a regular budget bass though.