1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Rockbass Streamer Stage II Four String?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Has anybody played one of these basses. It is a P/J four string that looks just like the regular Warwick Streamer. It was very light, and seemed comfortable. The one I saw at GC looked great, but something was wrong with it, and it would not make a sound. I the battery, and the manager said it would have to go back. That aside, I'm sure the average one works.:confused: I really wouldn't mind one, I have always liked the classic Spector profile, and I have also become a fan of the Stuart Zender sound on the early Jamiroquai CDs. The Rockbass Streamer II seems like a good way to get that vibe without getting off of too much money. I am right or just dreaming?

2. As far as I know, there is no such bass. There is either a Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard, or a much more expensive, german made Warwick Streamer Stage 11.

3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I know what you mean. When I looked on Warwick's Rockbass site, I did not see the bass I saw today. I saw the Streamer Standard which has two soapbars. The Warwick Streamer I saw had P/J MEC pups just like the a German Streamer, and was marked Rockbass with a price of $599.

4. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
    It obviously doesn't exist, which explains why it didn't make a sound. Got pics? No. See? I'm right. It doesn't exist!

5. Well that means 2 things. Guitar Centre are dumb again, and GO BUY IT NOW!

6. mmm never seen that before...its not on their site...well spotted!!

7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Thanks Mr. Typhus! That was the bass they had. I never heard of carolena wood before. The bass was very light. I just want to check one out that works.:p

8. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I actually picked up the Warwick Rockbass Streamer 4 w/the P/J setup this afternoon. It actually plays really nice and the pre sounds pretty darn good. I got it a backup for my MIA Jazz, but will probably use it quite a bit. I was pleasantly surprised with it and didn't realize they were so hard to find. Go figure.

Almost forgot, picked it up for $320 NEW, so I still can't complain.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021