Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick RockBass Streamer Std 5-Strng

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy2, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Andy2

Andy2

Sep 29, 2000
    Any opinions on Warwick RockBass Streamer Std 5-Strng $399.00

I am looking for a cheap 5 stringer and I was checking the OLP and the MIM Jazz Std. But Im corious about the Warwick

Any Opinions???

2. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    oops. sorry - i responded to this but did not realize you were talking about the rockbass line. so never mind, i edited out my post.

-erik

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    had a quick play on one the other day.... felt solid, i prefered it to the MIM fenders..... but whats with that jack socket :(

C

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Well, if the p/u output is satisfactory, then it's fine...I've played a 4 string and a 5 string, and wasn't happy with either one...the "real" Warwicks are of course much better, the Rockbass IMO don't compare or come off as another Warwick line...seems like an entirely different product altogether!

5. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I got a four string for real cheap on Ebay (there's a thread on it here) Didn't like it. Heavy and the neck was slow. It's on consignment at a local music store.

6. Andy2

Andy2

Sep 29, 2000
    Thanks for the replys,,,, and what about an MTD???

7. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    Andy - if you are contemplating the rockbass - you may want to check out the discontinued Warwick Streamer Standard. You can find them on ebay in the $400 neighborhood.

I bought a 5 and I am liking this bass a ton. It gets slammed on these forums by some people, but it's a quality instrument. I play it all the time, more so than my MIA Jazz Deluxe.

It's definitely better quality than the rockbass line.

-erik

8. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    I second Erik. The out of production Streamer STDs are really good bases for its price (around $500), built like a professional warwick. body made from carolena which i thought was very sturdy, the playability is like any warwick, as i said it was made like the better warwicks. I've never played a Rockbass.