Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Rockbass Streamer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey, i found one of these locally for $200. Whats the general opinion on these? the guy is actually about an hour away, so i'd like to hear some input before i go. How do these sound? how do they play? etc...
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats an awesome price. Ive only played that bass once. It is my second favorite Rockbass. (My favorite being the Rockbass Corvette Special Edition).

3. Any Warwick at 200 bucks is a good (great) buy, even a Rockbass.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i actually like some of the rockbass models better than their german counterparts.

sound: birght punchy precussive

i have the corvette classic (active) and its really really ace. $200 is a VERY good price aslong as its not too beat up aswell.....

i would go for it :O is it the one or two pickup one?

i played a one pickup streamer and wasnt impressed... for me the tone of the two pickup was alot better

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    It's the dual MEC Passive Soapbars. It says it has a Carolena Body, and i'm not familiar with that kind of wood. Can anyone tell me what these sound like?

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh, sorry, i thought you were talking about your corvette classic. Thanks. Would you say it sounds like a musicman in the bright and punchy area? or more like a Jazz?