Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick rockbass vampyre 5 VS cort josh paul 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Nov 3, 2004.

1. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    the 2 good built import basses.both got best value and best sound marks on net.
    so now i want you to deicide who is a winner and why.
    34" scale rockbass vampyre 5
    35" scale cort /elrick josh paul signature 5.

2. I played a rockbass vampre once.....it sounded nice and smooth, not much mroe than that. It has KILLER looks though. I ain't played the the Cort, but I've heard they're damn nice too. Have you played both basses?

3. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    i am planing to buy cort but i cant try it until i order it and it come.i played cort curbow 5 and i like it but it is 34" scale.
    if the neck on JPs5 is the same as curbow i ll go for cort.
    BUT
    i played RB corvette classic 5 i like the feeling of bass so i think the vampyre is the same but i am wondering what is the B string difference.

4. Well, I'd say you HAVE to play them. The difference between 34 inch and 35 inch can be a big one, and it may mess up your playing style. Search around shops and TRY and find an example of each bass to try.

5. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    only 35" i can try are Ibanez btb 5 or yamaha trb 5II

6. well, try them. They'll give you some idea of the cort's neck. I'd say the cort will have a nice clear low B, more so than the vampyre. Howveer, I dunno what the cort looks/soundsl ike, so the vampyre may win on that. A few things, are you bothered about looks? Or is it all sound and playability?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The Cort JP is woefully underrated, IMO. It's a damn good bass. I'd love to get my paws on one.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Any adept player wont be bothered by the one inch scale change, IMO. I think there are factors that make more difference, such as the location of the bridge. If it is far back, the reach to first position may seem short, and vice versa. I have a 35" that feels shorter than my 34" due to the bridge location.

9. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    if cort jps5 get so good marks from the bassist like WOODCHUCK then i will buy cort.
    nice picture of u playing dean sledge hammer on net WOODCHUCK.http://www.deanguitars.com/woodchuck.php
    if u are this persone