Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Rockbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Feb 22, 2006.

1. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    I have made few question about different basses latelly, I hope you can still answer to more questions...

So.. Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5-String single pickup.
    [​IMG]

Can you tell me what are advanteges and disadvanteges of Rockbass generally/this bass?

Is it good for varius styles of music? Slap, Metal or even Rap?
    I assume that there is not much tonal variations becoase of the passive electronics and only one pickup.
    Is the bass worth of the price? Reviews say ecsample this: "an aesthetically pleasing bass guitar that sets standards in this price range concerning playability and the quality of material being used."
    But I still like to hear oppinnions from the TB just to make shure.
    I have heard people saying that Warwick necks are uncomfortable "bassballbatts" Is it really so...

By the way I play mostly Metallica and other band that style, but I like ocasionally go jazz, funk and even ska just for fun...

Thank you all.

:bassist:

2. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I've played the two J pickup versions, I always thought they were good. There are better out there, especially if you look used.

3. Well, from what has been said form here; If it's a 'Wick you're after, steer far clear from the RockBass line.

-ryan-

4. Lebowski

Lebowski

Jul 11, 2005
    That about sums it up! They are nice to look at but as far as sound and quality, there are better deals out there.

5. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    Ok.... tell me what are those better deals???
    It doesn`t realle have to be 5-string four is Ok to... The price range should be about the same as Rockbass (300-500€)

6. Doing a quick search on the forum should yield quite a few results.. This topic has been covered many a time before. Here's a quick chart I made around last year comparing the specs of similarly priced basses...

http://www.geocities.com/cisco_metal/basscompare.html

-ryan-

7. I agree with Lebowski, no rockbass. And as for bassballbat necks... not so. But don't forget that dense necks carry vibrations from headstock to bridge with better clarity. The corvette fna was my first warwick, ran about 1400 usd new at the time. Had a great sound and a great neck. I traded it towards a dolphin pro I back in the day.