Warwick Rockbass's ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Jun 6, 2003.

1. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I was considering purchasing a Warwick Rockbass in paticular a Vampire 5 string. Warwick makes several different models in Rockbass with several choices of active pick up variations. I was wondering if anybody out there has played or owned a Vampire and what your thoughts were on them. Also if anyone has any feedback on the other types of Rockbasses Warwick makes. THANX
  2. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I have a Rockbass Corvette 5 with active electronics and I really like it I've had it for a couple months and the only problem I've had with it is the input jack getting loose (since my Jazz Instructor stepped on my cable)Also the body is really light so the bass is a little off centered since I think the neck is a couple ounces more. But thats really the only things I don't like. Also the neck's like a baseball bat, its really big so some people may not like that (I like it)

Its 3 a peice body and they did a good job of matching it. You really have to look close to see the 3 diffrent peices. The finish is very pretty. And the headstock pointed towards you really helps with tuning. I was lucky and played a german made Corvette and I found that the necks the same and the string spacing it seemed was the same it seemed only thing diffrent was the weight and pickups.

Other then that I want to pee my pants whenever I play it. It's really nice.

In retrospect this post is totally useless to you since your asking about a totally diffrent model of rockbass....
  3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I am not sure which Rockbass yet, I am considering all at this point, all feedback about this subject is appreciated...thanx
  4. Seems to me a Ric player would go for the Corvette body shape. BTW, methinks that next year's NAMM will see MM pickups on more Rockbass variants, not just the Vampyre.
  5. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I played a 5 string fretless Rockbass yesterday. I loved the sound, but I hated the strings that came with it. The sting spacing seemed good to me. It's a nice looking little bass, too.
  6. I think the rockbasses are really really nice for their price, and considering MECs are in them, I think they are some of the best low end basses you can buy.
    I wouldn't personally buy one, because I'm planning on getting a real warwick within the year, but if someone on a budget was looking for something orgasmic, I'd easily recommend it.

If the Corvette models are this nice, I would assume that the Vampyre is of this affordable quality.