Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Feb 24, 2004.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Who knows anything about warwicks serial numbers. On the little leather wallet i have it looks as if it was made on the 27th december 03. The number is 1244730000CZBUBOWW
    It looks like the 1244 is the time made and the C is for corvette and the BUB is for bubinga. Can anyone tell me what the rest of it all means- i am feeling very curious.

2. On the two Warwicks I had, the serial number was stamped on the upper edge of the headstock--do you have a serial number there?

Mike

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I have a Corvette Standard 6;
    The serial number on the headstock is E 099 773 03 - that means it was made in 2003, in May (E) - that is the time of manuacturing.
    The other code is 1246160000CZBUBOWW L. 124 might be the code of the Corvette, the 6 that it is a 6, but as for the rest of the numbers? CZ - czech? hope not, wouldnt be happy about it... BUB=bubinga body, OW=owangkol neck, W=wenge FB - or so i presume; L, of course, means left-handed

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Mike,

When you order a Warwick and get it in its case/bag, it has a nice little leather thingy on the E or B tuning key, with see-through plastic on both sides, so you can see the piece of paper inside. It has two codes one of which is the serial # the same as one the headstock, the other is this coe we are talking about; a barcode, and all the characteristics of the bass: for example mine says

"| | ||... (barcode, not a group shot of Ethiopians :eek: :D ) E 099 773 03
    Corvette Standard 6 Lefthanded
    Oil finish. MEC Act Spbr HH 6S 2-way active-electronic
    fretted wenge fingerboard Body: Bubinga Neck: Ovangkol
    Warwick 2-piece Bridge Warwick Bass Machine heads Chrome
    1246160000CZBUBOWW L20.05.03"

On the backside, another barcode and code, and again the code: "Instrument: 1246160000CZBUBOWW L"

And there are two more stickers with codes and these numbers, and then these numbers are on the two warranty cards, too... so we have a bunch of numbers, not just the one on the headstock... :p

5. I bought both of mine used, so I didn't get any nice little leather thingy. :bawl:

Mike

6. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    ... but that is what Dave Clark asked about... ;) . The other code - as i presume - is the code to identfy the bass with in the factory... so you didnt miss much ;)

7. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI