Warwick Serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Feb 24, 2004.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Who knows anything about warwicks serial numbers. On the little leather wallet i have it looks as if it was made on the 27th december 03. The number is 1244730000CZBUBOWW
    It looks like the 1244 is the time made and the C is for corvette and the BUB is for bubinga. Can anyone tell me what the rest of it all means- i am feeling very curious.

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    On the two Warwicks I had, the serial number was stamped on the upper edge of the headstock--do you have a serial number there?

Mike

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I have a Corvette Standard 6;
    The serial number on the headstock is E 099 773 03 - that means it was made in 2003, in May (E) - that is the time of manuacturing.
    The other code is 1246160000CZBUBOWW L. 124 might be the code of the Corvette, the 6 that it is a 6, but as for the rest of the numbers? CZ - czech? hope not, wouldnt be happy about it... BUB=bubinga body, OW=owangkol neck, W=wenge FB - or so i presume; L, of course, means left-handed

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Mike,

When you order a Warwick and get it in its case/bag, it has a nice little leather thingy on the E or B tuning key, with see-through plastic on both sides, so you can see the piece of paper inside. It has two codes one of which is the serial # the same as one the headstock, the other is this coe we are talking about; a barcode, and all the characteristics of the bass: for example mine says

"| | ||... (barcode, not a group shot of Ethiopians :eek: :D ) E 099 773 03
    Corvette Standard 6 Lefthanded
    Oil finish. MEC Act Spbr HH 6S 2-way active-electronic
    fretted wenge fingerboard Body: Bubinga Neck: Ovangkol
    Warwick 2-piece Bridge Warwick Bass Machine heads Chrome
    1246160000CZBUBOWW L20.05.03"

On the backside, another barcode and code, and again the code: "Instrument: 1246160000CZBUBOWW L"

And there are two more stickers with codes and these numbers, and then these numbers are on the two warranty cards, too... so we have a bunch of numbers, not just the one on the headstock... :p

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I bought both of mine used, so I didn't get any nice little leather thingy. :bawl:

Mike

6. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    ... but that is what Dave Clark asked about... ;) . The other code - as i presume - is the code to identfy the bass with in the factory... so you didnt miss much ;)

7. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI