Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick - serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Piedro, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    i've seen a Warwick in a shop today, the guys don't know a lot about it.. but it was 2000Can$ and he sell it for 950$... it have maple neck, quilted maple top with mahagony body.. i'm quite sure it's a 35".. 24 fret.. the hardware is silver.. it look like a streamer (matybe an LX) and i have the serial number 002207-02, i think the last numbers says that's a 2002 bass am i right?
    doo you know something about this bass? do you have a site that count the serial numbers of the Warwick on the net?
    Thanks..

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Yes - the last 2 digits signify the year the bass was made. I forget when - but older Warwicks had a serial number that had the first 2 digits and the year of manufacture. The Streamer LX had a solid maple body - not mahogany with a maple top. If the bass looks like a Spector it would be a Streamer model. A curved back is also a trait of a Streamer.

3. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    thanks.. maybe you're right... and what do you think of these bass.. i heard bad things about the newest Warwick...

4. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I have owned a number of Warwicks - for the most part they were good basses. I particularly liked the all maple basses - Corvette Proline and Streamer LX - better tone IMO. Warwicks are generally heavy basses with thick necks.

I no longer own any Warwicks and have opted for basses with thinner neck profiles and lighter weight - Lakland and Dingwall. I find the Laklands have more tonal flexibility. The Dingwalls are extrememly playable and have a more powerful modern tone.