1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick - serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Piedro, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    i've seen a Warwick in a shop today, the guys don't know a lot about it.. but it was 2000Can$ and he sell it for 950$... it have maple neck, quilted maple top with mahagony body.. i'm quite sure it's a 35".. 24 fret.. the hardware is silver.. it look like a streamer (matybe an LX) and i have the serial number 002207-02, i think the last numbers says that's a 2002 bass am i right?
    doo you know something about this bass? do you have a site that count the serial numbers of the Warwick on the net?
    Thanks..

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Yes - the last 2 digits signify the year the bass was made. I forget when - but older Warwicks had a serial number that had the first 2 digits and the year of manufacture. The Streamer LX had a solid maple body - not mahogany with a maple top. If the bass looks like a Spector it would be a Streamer model. A curved back is also a trait of a Streamer.

3. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    thanks.. maybe you're right... and what do you think of these bass.. i heard bad things about the newest Warwick...

4. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I have owned a number of Warwicks - for the most part they were good basses. I particularly liked the all maple basses - Corvette Proline and Streamer LX - better tone IMO. Warwicks are generally heavy basses with thick necks.

I no longer own any Warwicks and have opted for basses with thinner neck profiles and lighter weight - Lakland and Dingwall. I find the Laklands have more tonal flexibility. The Dingwalls are extrememly playable and have a more powerful modern tone.