Warwick serial #'s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joseph Sheldon, Nov 8, 2003.

1. I just got my fna jazzman I ordered at the end of June. Well worth the wait. Anyway my question is about the serial numbers on the back of the neck. I realize the last two numbers are the year but I don't understand the rest. I'm asking because my guitar player about a month ago got a les paul and he could go on the sight and see when, where,it was made and even other info on his git. I looked on the Warwick and I don't see availible info. Now I did do a search first on this question and I didn't see anything but what I didn't do is e-mail Danna and ask those guys. My numbers are k-102156-03 if that helps. She is my first German Warwick I love her!!!!!!!!!:) :D :p
  2. Check

k-102156-03, the last two Numbers -03 determines the year it was made.

3. Treena, You're always so eager to help but I think you missed this part of Joseph's post.

One thing I do know is that the letter used to represent the month. If that holds true for the current models k=November so your bass is only a few days old.
  4. My Bad, and I apologize for not reading it clearer!

5. Oops. No need to apologize for trying to help out. ;)

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey Joseph nice choice of bass, i too just bought an FNA Jazzman, awesome sound...they are correct about the letter and the last number, i too will watch what u come up with for the other numbers....i bought mine used in MINT condition..mine starts with the letter E so that means May and ends with 02.....Keep us updated as too what u muster up.
  7. Thanks everyone but I'm not quite shure about that letter thing. I don't think that is possible because I had ordered it on 6/30/03 and I did keep in contact with Danna B. because I'm not good with waiting. They did e-mail time to time to let me know the progress of everything. The last e-mail from them was on 10/29/03 the tech. there had set things up and said it went to be shipped that day. I got it on 11/5/03 that means it changed months in route. That would mean several things first that Warwick does not identify the bass before it leaves the factory. Two, it would then mean Danna puts the serial number on the bass this however seems unlikely. Third, it would mean Danna put November on it before it was November. Now I'm not trying to start a debate I'm only giving you guys and girls the facts so we all might have the best info. I value this sight alot and come hear to find inlightenment from real bass heads. I hope we all get to the bottom of this.
  8. Understood. I do know for certain that older Warwicks used an alphabetic month. It may not hold true any longer. Try emailing Tech Support at DBG here. I've found them to be very responsive.