warwick shops for aussie bloke

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sahbiot, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    G-day guys, im looking to buy a secondhand warwick bass either a good as new streamer standard or thumb bolt-on, problem is im here is australia and warwicks can be hard to find second hand, plus can be VERY EXPENSIVE!

so im just wondering if you guy know any shops that sell brand new or second hand warwicks that ship internationally, i hope you can help.

thanks mates! ;)
  2. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't know if this helps, but I'm selling the last Warwick of my collection on eBay... and I do ship worldwide... ;)
  3. Check out the official warwick site. I'm fairly sure theres a link to a melbourne store there. Maybe basscentre.
    If that doesnt work go to http://www.basscentre.com.au/
    Theres some on there i think. I'm just too lazy to check for sure.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I know what you mean - it really annoys me when you get loads of ads/span from Musicians Friend with bargains and then they say they don't ship outside the US !! :mad:

Gard, a member here, works for one of the big US shops that do actually ship overseas - Bass Central ? - he might be good to contact about this?
  5. check this
    look in queensland & search bass guitars...theres a 2nd hand streamer here in brisbane cheap.
  6. Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    In Australia I'd go for a custom made Belman. Infact I did.

Checkout www.belmanguitars.com or do a search for a recent thread I did in the basses section titled "New Baby".

There's also a great new model 5 String Bolt On Classic Status currently on sale in the Melbourne Trading post for A$2500. Also a German 4 string Hotwire with J-Retro preamp for the same price. Both are great basses at great prices. I know the guy selling them. Both retail for over A$4000. The add only went in last week so they still may be available.

As for Warwicks, the bass centre in Melbourne have quite a few, not sure if they have any second hand ones though. Give them a call.

Best of luck.

7. Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    i see a green streamer on ebay, but the colour makes me think twice. i believe if i was to buy something i need to be 100% happy with it or else i'll kick myself later...thanks anyway dread.
    and i'll check that streamer out in QLD thanks guys, thats more than enough help.

i went to www.basscenter.com wrote an email, a bloke named Guy replied and is willing to sell me a 2001 model (perfect condition) thumb bolt-on 4 string with a laquered finish with gig bag for $2699, he said the laquer alone would cost $200, also the shipping is free to sydney. how does that sound? should i or should i not, or should i bargin?

(2 weeks trying to find a bass, i have the biggest migrain! my head, ready to explode.)
  8. Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    i dont know if they ship to austrailia, but basscentral.com has them very cheap. i got mine from there, but once again, not sure if they ship worldwide...ask gard about that one.
  9. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm selling a huge 1987 Thumb 4... I attach the URL:

10. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Hi - You could try Billy Hyde music in Melbourne
    In the shop tour locate Rob Little - an excellent Bass player who uses Warwicks and knows them back to front.
    They also had (last time I was in) a hand made Neil Kennedy 6 with Alembic electronics - a killer bass (I know, I bought the 5 string).

-no worries
  11. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    Try to contact Mr. Phillip at 2 9888 9886 , he still have several Warwick bass and amps at a very low price.
  12. Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    SWEEET! thanks guy for all the help and advice, yeah i check out that thumb bass you got on ebay, truly wicked but i think i'd save and get a streamer std, so i can get a nice amp as well. i found a streamer 5 string, 2 p-pups that cost $1000aud brand new, never used, still in stock for long time! its all i need at the moment...so im HAPPY!:D

anyway thanks again, and if anyone from australia that needs a few stores from usa or germany, or thailand or britain and who know how many more i got in my favourites.. just ask me, hehehe been there done that.